Sealiks Shit

Sealik

Thought I would start a discussion on all my 'stuff'.

Instead of having all my insignificant queries and somewhat rambling replies, here and there......I could post them here :D .....right here ;)

It's going to vary considerably....relative to topic ....but will always relate to..........Datsun

Pretty much everything revolves around my trucks............soooo..... :)

I fabbed up a ('mobile') shop to work on all my 4x4s. It was constructed to (overbuilt) be separated into 2 halves............20'x19' in size.

When I move, I can unbolt it, slide it under a trailer and take it with me. :)

I'm renting......so I didn't want to leave anything of value after I leave.

It's actually an 'engineering marvel'... :rolleyes: ....but I digress.

I'll post some pics later if any carpenters and or are interested.......WTF.....I'll post them anyways :lol:

Anywho......first up is my 84.

P1020010.jpg

She's getting a little tired..(body that is)....but I'm going all out. ;)

Have a new can of mono foam and tremclad ....satin black for the rockers.... :o :lol:

Should get me through another winter.

Stock emissions are all disabled on Hitachi

Engine will not die....it's out of my first Nissan.....480000 km and counting.

I changed the headgasket; the oil....maybe 3 times :blink: :D and replaced the TC with a used one :thumbup:

Second up....is my 85St with the 200sx EFI

P8050064.jpg

P7080113.jpg

P7090120.jpg

P1090029.jpg

P2240003.jpg

z-1.jpg

It's been parked for a while.....but today I went out and re-installed the air reg. Winter and all

It was running rather rich.....could smell the fuel out of the exhaust.

Pulled a plug.....black, fouled and 'smelt' of gas.

l.jpg

k.jpg

Had the AFM out and re-clocked it back to stock settings....was only 1/2 cog out.

I assumed that the EFI would run rich because of ....or lack of air reg.

Now I'm not knowing ?????...weather it was the air reg or the 1/2 cog adjustment in the airbox????

But it's running much better....even my exhaust smells (cough).....good.

I did have to drop the idle via my AIS.......somewhat baffled

Next up....is my 84/Weber.....yes another 4x4 :D

P1010015-1.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010051-1.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010001-4.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010006-2.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

PC120034.jpg

P4280014.jpg

7.jpg

P1010045.jpg

Getting parked in 2 weeks....from Cali....never seen the snow or salt.

Shall always be garaged.....thinking of pulling the engine this winter and dropping one of my Z22s in it.

Nope..!!!......can't do that..... ;)

Have to finish this......on the right.

Crap...... :cool:

P8300112.jpg

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gees this is nice. I have a California car too. All they are good for eh?

P1010045.jpg

Pretty much parked for 'our' winter I guess...

'Sucks'.... having better shit. .. :cool: ....like the guys down south :)

That's why I have 4 runners....(well....actually 3 right now... :D ).......1 four each season :)

This is the June to Oct one?

Correct....

The ST/EFI is from late Oct....to....????..Feb..?....maybe.

Who knows..... :blink: ... :D

Thus the air reg 'retro'......... :D

Gonna throw the old 4x4 into the mix......sporting a new rocker facade of course :lol:

Always been a fan of 4x4's

I just went and checked on an 85 kingcab 4x4 today. Its straight, decent shape. A few little rust spots. Seems ok, but the head gasket blew. He said it did get a bit warm, and there was some steam but he shut it off and hasn't ran it since.

Heres a few pictures, the head gasket has me leery due to head warping, but... all emissions have been removed and it looks decent enough.

Anyways, ill be trading my quad for it, going to jump start this truck next monday and see exactly what was leaking on it. He said it knocked a few times when it got warm, but thats happened on every rig ive had thats over heated. Guess well find out monday. Sorry for the small pics

3kb3ob3l15P55S15R4aa5222eab247ed3127d.jpg

3n73p73o45Y05U25R4aa59f68e3dfebe5161c.jpg

3n23p23oa5O05Q05T3aa5c11257852d76100b.jpg

"....Always been a fan of 4x4's...."

Ya....me too.

You know.....the farther one travels south.....the lower the ride.

Farther north.....versa vise.... ;) :D

Sometimes we shake our heads on anothers build.....but.....relative to locale

We should only imagine and grin..... :)

Back to the tec aspects and all.... :blink:

I believe that the 81, non o2-200sx MIA air reg creates a very rich mixture until a warm engine temp is reached.

Asked this question a few times....no responses

Can't see the air box being a contributing factor in this 'fix'.....being out so little.

I was thinking ...maybe HRH...was having similar issues????

Until it warms up....NFG.

Wrong temp thermostat also throws a loop

Possibly.

Maybe

:)

Things went rather well today....considering I had mushrooms growing in the cab :o :D

q.jpg

Just cut the carpet out....have others to install....but screw it. Throw a hunk of rug in there for now.

I repaired the floors a while back.....still somewhat intact

Dry it out a bit.

w.jpg

Decided to make the front of the truck look a little better

y-1.jpg

Nasty

u.jpg

Installed a new valance (garbage)I had lying around.

Was going to paint the bumper......said screw it and put on a chrome one from an ST. Wasn't in great shape....so I didn't mind donating it to the cause.... :)

Viola

i.jpg

Was looking for some of my shifter knobs and came across a box I was going to ship to the states....until the buyer bailed :angry:

e.jpg

Hmmmmmm.....more parts..... :D

t.jpg

Back to my ST with the EFI.....

Well....I determined that the engine will run rich if the air reg is MIA

Decided to finally change my Weber filter locale on the AFM....as HRH was talking about

Grabbed part of my electrical panel cover.... :huh: .....just about a perfect fit..... :D

AFM1.jpg

Riveted, bolted them slathered with some urethane to seal it up to the AFM......managed to get more on me than expected.... :o :lol:

Smallest rivets I had..... :)

AMF2.jpg

AMF3.jpg

Fits rather well....a little less weight on the airpipe.....not quite in its final position yet though

AMF4.jpg

Now I can easily adjust the clock spring tension....got it back to 2 cogs CCW.

Not running rich at all.....

Have a slight pop through the AFM when I stomp on it...off idle.

Can't really confirm if there is enough vacuum coming from the TB to advance the dizzy.

Anyone know the amount of lb...?

Timing is at 3 degrees BTDC

Think I will throw a air/fuel ratio gauge in the truck.....either find a Z24i EM or aug a hole in mine for the O2

Doug the AFM has to be in the same position as stock. Can't be upside down or tilted or highway bumps will cause the flap door to swing.

I thought the same thing......but.....the door is basically in the same position if rotated 180 degrees.

Not pointing up or down.....still swinging from side to side

Correct......?

I'll rotate the inspection plate back up.......need to organize the engine bay....first

Actually......it was rather neat.

I can watch how the arm is sweeping (stability) relative to throttle, idle and various spring tension.

Was a slow day.......... :lol:

From the front seat.. :D ...that's why I had the AFM turned...tilted.

Actually......it was rather neat.

I can watch how the arm is sweeping (stability) relative to throttle, idle and various spring tension.

Was a slow day.......... :lol:

From the front seat.. :D ...that's why I had the AFM turned...tilted.

I'll say. :lol: If tilted and hanging like a pendulum, gravity would be pulling down on it on any position but 1/2 open. A bump in the road would pull the door open against the spring.

Advance starts as low as 3 inches if mercury and can max out at 15 or more degrees at 16 inches Hg. Depends on dizzy and the advance can on it.

I have the stock Z24 dizzy.

While I was cycling the throttle...with my finger over the TB vacuum advance port..didn't get any 'noticeable' increase in vacuum.....or as much as I thought to pull the advance.

I have the stock Z24 dizzy.

While I was cycling the throttle...with my finger over the TB vacuum advance port..didn't get any 'noticeable' increase in vacuum.....or as much as I thought to pull the advance.

What's your dizzy part number? 21000-????? Maybe I can look up the stock specs, what year?

Sucks....when you can't buy stuff like that locally.

Hmmmmmmm....maybe Merlin has one.

Would be nice to know how much manifold vacuum I have.

When I was timing the engine.....light pointing at the timing marks.....the highlighted timing mark on the pulley seems to be there....then it's gone. Wait....throttle the engine.....drop it back to idle...there it is.....then it's gone again?

Doesn't seem right.

Backfire when I throttle off idle....is a condition of ......too much advance?......Lean mixture....? No advance...?

Anywho....extended the airpipe to rotate the AFM.

ee.jpg

Shall go find some bumps off road...see how the upside down AFM fares. ;) .... :D

sorry don't have a vaccuum tester... took the 521 for one lap of Clearwater today! after i burnt all the crap out of the lines she runs not half bad, maybe getting 40 hp lol!:lol:

now that we both have drivers... are we officially the Clearwater Datsun Club :lol: