Weight of the L18T and the gear box?

Evan-180B SSS

Hi,

I've just bought myself a 1976 180B SSS, and I'm gonna restore it 100% from scratch and do an engine swap.

I live in Norway and the RTA here is a real pain in the ass when it comes to modifying a car. They need documentation on everything and won't approve anything unless you convince them that you have thought it through (what you are going to do), have papers, some kind of documentation which states that it has been done before and it works, get a mecanich with a license to go over your work and approve of it, and if possible bring them some papers, and not any kind of papers they prefer, or demand TÜV papers, but they must be in english, german or scandinavien...:wacko:, sometimes it really seems like they hate people who have a passion for cars.......

Anyways, to get my project approved I'm making a project plan which will include almost everything that will be done to car, from the interior, to the gas tank, to the brakes and suspension.

I've searched on the web and I've asked on different Norwegian forums, but nobody knows so now I'm trying this forum.:)

Since I'm doing an engine swap I need to know what the engine wich sits in the car as we speak weighs, and if you know the gearbox as well. Yes I know," why don't you just take out the engine and do it yourself?" well because I'm in the process of finding a suitable site/place to do some work on my cars and since I'm gonna reuse a lot of the parts wich are on the datsun I would like to take it appart all in one location so that I don't loose a lot of parts just because I don't remember where I put them:P

Since I'm making my project plan as we speak and since I'm going to speak to the RTA before I start to work on my car I need as much information as possible so that I can show them that this project will be done very thorougly all the way from A to Z.

I appreciate all the information/help I can get:D

PS; sorry if my languge sucks, but I hope you can understand it.

Evan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the l18 in there now actually turbocharged?

The T is not for 'Turbo'. There are different L18s, need to go and find my Haynes Manual for giving more insight...

The T is not for 'Turbo'. There are different L18s, need to go and find my Haynes Manual for giving more insight...

He is right, the L18T is basically the same as the L18 but has twin SU carbs, a high lift cam, 2 mm bigger inlet valves and 1 mm bigger exhaust valves. Why they chose to call it L18T (and make the the T stand for twin instead of turbo) beats me:confused: maybe it'ss just to be different from everybody else...