no back up lights

primo74620

I have no back up lights on my 74' 620. I looked for the back up switch and found a gold colored device on the right side of the tranny, but no wires connected. I also located 2 red/black stripe wires going towards the back up switch, but the connections on these wires are round (female/male) and the connections on the switch are flat. Please help!!!!!!dry.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trans been swapped out at one time probably?

16 dollars at napa for a new switch with round connectors i believe, i had them look it up once. Tape the wires together, put in reverse, turn key on and see if it lights up... If so then hook it up right.

Trans been swapped out at one time probably?

16 dollars at napa for a new switch with round connectors i believe, i had them look it up once. Tape the wires together, put in reverse, turn key on and see if it lights up... If so then hook it up right.

I have no clue if tranny has been swapped. Now do you think the 2 red/black wires that are loose are the back up light wires? ohmy.gif

Yes, after looking at the second page of that wiring diagram, the black/red wire is for the backup light switch.

Thanks for the info. h2theizzo, I will hookup those 2 wires to the existing back up switch and see what happens. Will post the results.

Sounds good. Is there more than one sensor on the transmission? Try both if one doesnt work. also if it doesnt work, check the sensor very well. the ends of the wires are just soldered on there and they tend to come off rather easy, check reverse lights to make sure they are not blown out. Good luck!

Remove the switch, connect the harness wires and push the plunger in and out what happens?

Did you try the above??? It tests the switch

I just noticed that you have a 4 speed but this doesn't change much. The switch location is maybe an inch further to the back.

• 2 weeks later...