1976 120Y slider

Drifter

I think flipping the overload spring would make it stiffer, not sure. wait for laecoen to chime in or rustina

i will say that my ride was not stiff, it was just riding on the stops most the time. ruff ass ride mind you, and it wasn't stiff. If i hit a bump in the road the ass end was airborne

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just flipped the 4th/overload leaf on my goon, I painted and greased the springs which softened them up and made em more springy, dropped the car about 1". If you leave em rusty they will probably be stiffer.

Diff slaps a lot more on the bad roads around here, I would honestly like to add another leaf to the pack to stiffen it up even more and stiffer shocks.

Here is what it looks like with the 4rd overload leaf flipped on top of the pack. You might be able to flip the 3rd leaf for even more stiff/drop... then again I have no experience with this. Make sure you have big c-clamps(6-8") and a screwdriver to align the leafs!

img20111223175903.th.jpg

Lots of flippers here :) Cant say i`m digging the bump-stop riding-solution. hehe

I heard about sandwith-flipping. Overloadspring flipped and put in the middle of the pack. Anyone tried?

I`m starting to think a brand new spring is a better route to go... Anyone know of any aftermarket "racing" leafsprings for the b210?

You can always buy custom springs -- they are custom, so not listed in online catalogs. Just contact a spring company. Any spring company.

But you have the exact same problem with the bump stops if you lower the car via a custom racing spring.

Thanks everybody for good answers. Looks like I will have to keep more or less stock rear height to retain drift`ability. Just add an extra leaf to the pack for stiffness and uprated shocks and swaybar.

Over time I`m thinking S13 rear subframe. But will have to wait until I can afford a full setup with Ca18det motor under the bonnet :)

Need to order some ZG flares...

Got hold of a garage today also. 420 euros a month for 80kvm in Oslo :) sweeet deal. Hope to be moving in there shortly so I can bring out the angle-grinder :D

• 3 months later...

577258_10150659062776854_525011853_9785925_853000228_n.jpg

....also started to investigate how much rust that had gathered over the winter. Så found out that it was high time to give the front end a new layer of paint and new bushings. Still searching fore some decent 280zx struts and brakes....

301774_10150659061906854_525011853_9785915_1521745096_n.jpg

Some rust found... not to bad... mostly superficial

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. S13 crossmember, arms, struts and brakes. 120y springs for now. S13 swaybar did not fit with the width of the Y-frame.

Crossmember had to be hammered in at the red circles in the picture to clear, and rearbolt-holes had to be movet 3mm each side.

120y-castor arms have to be used. Just drill one or two new holes in the controllarms. Basicly bolton

• Like 1