Rear Disc Brackets for 520/521/620

Parts Needed:

Rear

Rotors, calipers, pads, and lines: 1989-1993 Isuzu amigo, 1988-1991 Isuzu Trooper, 1988-1995 Isuzu Pickup

Instructions:

Rear:

1. Remove Wheels

2. Remove drums

3. Remove parking brake cables

4. Remove brake lines from wheel cylinders

5. Remove 4 nuts behind backing plate assembly

6. Remove axle assembly (be sure to keep track of preload shims)

7. Remove the 4 studs (be sure no to damage the threads as you are going to re-use these)

8. The backing plate should be able to slide off the bearing housing to give you a better angle at your next step.

9. Remove backing plate. You have two ways of doing this. You can either have a machine shop remove the bearing assembly the “book” way or you can cut the backing plate off. If you choose the later be sure to protect the bearing assembly from the metal shavings you will create during the procedure.

10. Install the studs back in the bearing housing

11. Install axle back into axle tube with bearing spacer shims

12. Place caliper mounting bracket on the back side of the axle tube with the caliper position toward the rear of the vehicle and replace nuts removed in step 5

13. Slide rotor over axle

14. Install caliper mounting bracket using supplied spacers

15. Install calipers and pads

16. Install Isuzu rubber brake lines with banjo bolts and connect other end to existing hard lines

DSC_0824.jpg

Rears20220004.jpg

P1010027.jpg

p1010026.jpg

Rears20220006.jpg

These come with the caliper mounting hardware, and they are painted. The set sells for $150 shipped in the US.

The stock e-brake cable will have to be lengthened, but these calipers do have a built in e-brake lever.

• Like 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I originally figured this setup out. I'm pretty sure .....99% positive..... that I mocked it up with stock 14" rims. I don't remember if the pics went on NWDE or Ratsun. I'm sure I've still got them, but I'm also sure they're buried!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.