• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, boating season is only a month or so away. Hey HVYD, are You going to be hitting the river anytime this year??? We need to get out with both of them together one day!! If all goes well, I will be giving a special guest from Japan a ride on either March 14th or 15th. After that, I will be in So. Cal. for a few days. See Ya' soon!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On Saturday I readied My Sundance for this year's river season. I did some re-wiring and checked fluids. Basically, it started right up!! One thing that I did, and noticed something very interesting, was to sand the area on the engine block where the number was. I had thought that I would be able to match it with other L20B numbers to determine about when it was built. This is what I found: CMI 000181074 stamped on the engine block!! SOOooooo, that tells Me that Conqueror bought the engines first from Nissan and made the numbers match the hull. Any of You other guys noticed this?

Quote from that article:

Dragonetti Datsun in San Mateo, California besides selling Datsun motor vehicles, sold Sundance 16’s. The Sundance is a 16 foot boat, built by Conqueror Marine of Compton, California.

Check THIS out.........4 sale !

http://www2.ablboats.com/details.asp?ListingID=87824

8782407.jpg

8782404.jpg

& heres a post on www.performanceboats.com re; a bit of history on the Sundance Datsun boats...

"The Sundance you're talking about was built on the West Coast in Southern California. The front man for the operation was Ian Dunn who dabbled in some local POPBRA offshore racing in the early 1970s. He also did some PR work for Datsun. I did an article about the boat for Powerboat Magazine in 1974 or 1975. Haven't seen or heard from Ian in years"

• 1 month later...

So what is the correct vehicle to tow a Datsun boat with????????

P1010472.jpg

A Datsun "river" dually of coarse!!!!!!!!! :cool:

That's a pretty badass rig there Mike. :thumbup: