521 heater hose ?

raggmann

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember if I use a larger hose to fit the largest fitting and just tightened the hose tighter on the smaller fitting.

Man you told me in the other thread that you used 1/2" heater hose to replace yours back in the day.   So maybe just get a 5/8" hose and use that to come off the head?   9/16" heater hoses seem to be a mythical beast. 

I used a good piece cut off the original Datsun heater hose.   This is the return line to the water pump, after the water has gone through the heater, and the end attached to the heater stays relatively cool, and does not go bad as fast.

That hose in the picture isn't the heater hose from the heater to the block? 

You do not really need to drain the radiator, but a lot of coolant will run out when you remove the first hose, and make a big mess

The radiator should have a drain plug, but it drains on to the frame of the truck.  Cut part of the side of an old oil bottle, or plastic milk carton, to make a funnel to catch the coolant coming out of the radiator, and guide it into a bucket, or catch can.  Plan for about two gallons of coolant to come out.