new around here

five10freak

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rig dude, do you write on the the bb list? I've had 2 ca18et powered 510's one 4 door I bought from Guy a NWDE club member and one me and my bro built but never really drove, it turned out to be a worn out engine after we got it in :( For some reason we never got back to it.... here is a picture.

510_engine_brothers_car.jpg

mail.jpg

Nice rig dude, do you write on the the bb list? I've had 2 ca18et powered 510's one 4 door I bought from Guy a NWDE club member and one me and my bro built but never really drove, it turned out to be a worn out engine after we got it in :( For some reason we never got back to it.... here is a picture. QUOTE]

yes i write on the BB list, i go by the same name(five10freak), i just do not write much.

i don't know about you, but i've had so much fun with this setup, the motor has gone well passed what i have read about with these motors not being a " performance motor ", it just rocks!!!!!!! plus the feel and sound of a boosted 510 is just priceless:D

BTW, thanks all for the welcome

I think the ca18et is a fine motor, on the s12 forums they get some good numbers with them. Ca's in general are a light weight engine, another plus :)

So what are you future plans for the car? What kinda boost are you running?

So what are you future plans for the car? What kinda boost are you running?

HAHAHAHAHA, now what kinda question is that, my future plans include redoing everything,LOL

really though, i'm currently workin on relocating the batt to the trunk and installing some MAD enterprises wiring stuff to protect the electrical system and while i'm at it i'm also cleaning up the wire harness under the hood cause that sucka is huge.

also have a penultimate crossmember that i just finished making and a bunch of other crap that i need to finally install

boost is kept at 5 psi low and 10psi high via a blitz ssbc, that until i install that RB25DET turbo that's sitting next to me:D

Yeah I'm the same way, I got new plans before the old ones are done :D Not that I am trying to be a know it all or anything, but you can use the none turbo intake on the turbo engine. Sometimes it helps with the IC piping. What did you do for the engine mounts? Did you do a custom manifold or is the engine high enough so the turbo clears the steering? Did you do the original wiring? Talk about a pain! What was nissan thinking back then. The s13 is so easy compared to the s12....

Not that I am trying to be a know it all or anything, but you can use the none turbo intake on the turbo engine. Sometimes it helps with the IC piping.

yeah, i've seen that on the S12 boards, it looks cool and supose to give the motor a bit more bite, i just might try it,dunno

What did you do for the engine mounts?

stock 510 mounts on custom motor brackets and tranny mount is a stock piece modified to fit the CA tranny

Did you do a custom manifold or is the engine high enough so the turbo clears the steering?

manifold is stock, down pipe is custom. the turbo sits like a hairs width from the steering box. now that does cause a bit of a problem with the steering box getting too hot and boiling the lube:eek: , but i've done the turbo wrap thing and wrapped everything around it. next is to install new motor mounts, cause the new mounts as we should all know are taller than the OEM ones that are NLA, but in my case the taller hight ( about 1/4" ) helps in the turbo department

Did you do the original wiring? Talk about a pain! What was nissan thinking back then. The s13 is so easy compared to the s12....

yes original wiring, major pain, nissan was on crack then:p