Icehouse

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

That is epic.

Good lord, your rotisserie-ing a 510 not a tank! Over built is always better than under built.

He's going to rotisserie everything now. He'll just have hitch like mounts welded onto everything he owns.

Alternator dead? Rotisserie.

• Like 3

Got some motors for the lift ;)

20160428_140248_zpsi45sdmba.jpg

Thanks Josh!   I've got a line on some ball screws too!  This project is really coming together!  

Wow!

That is epic.

He's going to rotisserie everything now. He'll just have hitch like mounts welded onto everything he owns.

Alternator dead? Rotisserie.

Pretty much.   The idea was to give it a minimum safety factory of 10 so we could potentially lift two cars at once,  or later if I for some reason decide to rotisserie a big ass car.  Either way safe as can be.  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Tesla 510! This means the lift is done? Pics!

No lift isn't done, CNC mill broke a few months ago :(  Still trying to get that sorted out.  It's from the 90's which isn't to old but makes it a bitch to get parts for anything computer related on it.  So for now I'm just going to get the rotisserie to "stage one of use"  So I can do some rust repair and raise the rockers 2", shorten the doors.  Hopefully by the time that is done I'll have the CNC fixed.  

Stay tuned

• Like 3

closer!  Been stripping it back down.  Getting ready to fit it onto the rotisserie.  It's going to be rad!  

2ER6vtO.jpg

What??? ... :lol: .... that sounds like something I've been considering, to fit my 4dr on a shorter wheelbase chassis. Electric should make it way easier to close the hood on a crazy low 510.

Plus electric is way faster than gas and reliable.  So excited!  

• Like 7

this looks quite different than a few years ago 

Yeah Washington winters do a number on cars that aren't driven.  Shouldn't have bought the cheap clear coat, I can't believe how crapy it was!  Never doing the cheap PGP clear from wesco ever again thats for sure.  

• Like 3

Yeah Washington winters do a number on cars that aren't driven.  Shouldn't have bought the cheap clear coat, I can't believe how crapy it was!  Never doing the cheap PGP clear from wesco ever again thats for sure.  

I was meaning the running gear lol

i just thought it was dirty didnt realize the clear had gone to shit 

• Like 1