The gobstopper 68 2 door

Icehouse

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few updates:

I drove her for about a week and couldn't stand the 4k + RPM's on the freeway (due to the 4 speed and 165 45 15's) added with the unwillingness to start in the morning.... Carbs!!! Dave said since I helped him on his car he would assemble my car with some turbo goodies I had been saving (Thanks Rob!!!)if I brought them to him. Carter also gave me a 5 speed and driveline! So Dave has installed almost everything, I just need to get over there and wire it. O and he also put a subi diff in it for me, yeah!

2010-11-17%2019.33.39.jpg

I put off changing my diff in the White Knight to paint a car. Somethings don't come ez for me, you make this stuff look like a day at the park

I put off changing my diff in the White Knight to paint a car. Somethings don't come ez for me, you make this stuff look like a day at the park

Average people don't see any changes when the mechanical side has been changed. When a 510 is painted EVERYONE wants it. Dude your place is awesome! I'm going to have to make a Cali trip one of these days :)

Hell yeah! I wish Jeff lived near me!

The only problem is all your cars would scrap because I would slam them all!!!! HAHA yeah :)

What brand and size are these rims on the rebirthed black - baby blue 2door sedan you rebuilt. Thanks !

My black 68 is sitting on stockers in my garage, the Gobstopper is running 15x7 0's with 165 45 15's the stance is a bit tall in the front but I'm working on a brake/coilover upgrade :)

So what engine managment are you using? Sorry if i missed it in a post, but very sweet look forward to more pictures and videos

I'm running megasquirt V2 with the V3 board, for 250 bucks you can't really complain. Waisted spark through a ford VR sensor controlled by the MS box using VB912s, 310cc low impedance injectors, a chevy air and water temp sensor, ka24 throttle body, and a tractor turbo that 510Rob gave me :)

Me and you both! Welding is the best!

It's an L20 180 cranking compression across the board :) Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can go tear some tire! Well actually I'm having an ignition driver problem.... Think I got it figured out. Just got to go try it and see what happens.

Me and you both! Welding is the best!

It's an L20 180 cranking compression across the board :) Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can go tear some tire! Well actually I'm having an ignition driver problem.... Think I got it figured out. Just got to go try it and see what happens.

are 2 of the cylinder's cutting out still?

look at this thing! haha. I have been carrying around a stock injection manifold for a while now. but i keep getting too distracted or busy on other things to do anything with it. someday though. I seen pictures of it but not of the motor yet. which one did you drive to canby the year you got the beer can ratsun award?

look at this thing! haha. I have been carrying around a stock injection manifold for a while now. but i keep getting too distracted or busy on other things to do anything with it. someday though. I seen pictures of it but not of the motor yet. which one did you drive to canby the year you got the beer can ratsun award?

it was the beater thats now the "blackmist" if im correct?

Finally got the the spark figured out!!! Damn problems always seem so simple after you figure them out..... Runs like a champ, I'm not really sure what the boost is at... Feels like some pretty good power though :)

That was one of my first problems, I didn't set them up as low impedance injectors! I'm just glad I didn't toast them.... I just had the tooth offset wrong and compensated for it incorrectly, which fucked up the dwell for the primary coil driver, which made it have a really weak spark in 2 of the cylinders. Then when all that was sorted the battery went dead because the alternator wasn't plugged in..... seems to be pulling good now :)