So cal Datsun show / swap meet..--->

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody, just got back from the pomona fairplex a few hours ago, Didn't see any other datsun trucks there but did see a couple of Z's around the show. I talked to Ron "Ol Yeller" but didn't see him(They walked the whole swapmeet i think:D) They sounded like they were having fun!

Right when me and my son were about to leave the show we were approached by a guy named adam who said he and his father were the original owners of my blue '74 620 I had at the show! he gave me some history on the truck which i thought was so cool....his father bought the truck brand new in 1974 and the original color was red, The engine was rebuilt and bored over to a 2000(L20) and he sold it with about 40k on it to the guy I bought it from around 2 yrs. ago. Its not everyday you get to meet the original owner of the truck your driving and i thought it was realy cool for adam to stop and say hello and give me some history on the '74.

Yep Ray and I did indeed walk the entire swap meet today..sorry we did not get a chance to hook up with you Jason, but that is soooooo cool to meet the original owner of your vehicle..as ya'll know my current project, the white 72 620 I am workin on has the original owner only 20 miles away, and I talk with her alot..(She was at JCCS this year too.) ...anyway, that 15 mile walk has me worn out for the nite..later

the swap meet was fun!

I got a wagon hatch, speedo cable, aftermarket front swaybar, a front lip for somthing but not a 510... really cool looking though, gas pedal, and some info on body rubber... it was great! lots of cool cars.

oh and sat I picked up a 510 wagoon. pretty busy weekend

Hey "Hang", Ray and i sure wished there was a way to do both yesterday...I remember reading that they were gonna have that swap meet every coupla months or so..hear anything 'bout that yesterday?...We will make the next one fer shure...

Sorry that I missed a "2 swapmeet day!!" Jason, I sure hope that You got that guys phone number. If He was at Pomona, then He surely would like to chart Your trucks progress. That is much different from most previous owners who couldn't care less about what they sell. Cool, very cool!

Now question time................. First off, did You notice where the most Japanese buyers (translate $$$) were at? Were they in the VW section mostly? I ask because of what I am seeing in the magazines that I am going through. Apparently, VW's are HUGE in Japan. Also foreign cars. So if (3rd question) We are going to get a SWDP group in April to SELL (and hang out) do You guys agree that We should get spaces in the foreign section? It is harder to get spaces (2 together) in the street rod/muscle car section and I think We would do much better in the foreign section. 4th question? So who is committed to April????? I can plan a week off and that would give Me time to access what to bring as well as the weekend. We need to be there Saturday afternoon to secure spots. I will commit if a few other of You do too. Other than that, maybe later on in the year. Like I said before... remember that April is when a lot of folks get tax returns that they would possibly spend.

Mark, Adam didn't offer to buy it back( And I couldn't part with my truck:D!) but he was pretty happy that it was still on the road and being driven daily:D, I told him about the forum and that i just got back from Reso. in blythe and he thought that was pretty cool! He said he may have some "back in the day pictures" so i gave him my E-Mail Address and he said if he could find some pictures he would forward them to me:D:D! And of course......I will post:D:D:D!

Mike, April 20th is the Pomona Swapmeet And i'll be there! So definately count me in:D. And i thought it was so cool as well that adam stopped to share some stories about the '74:D.

Ron, Talking to the original owner regularly...Now thats awesome! So did you and Ray buy anything? Pomona always has alot of cool stuff!!

^dont forget the chargers won :thumbup: next stop-dominate the patriots!

That is right, "'Come into my parlor' said the spider to the fly!" And by 'fly' I mean the Chargers.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pats rock and the chargers must feel like they are about to walk into a blender!

Though I am amazed how many folks I talk to across the country seem to have I vile hatred for the pats. `Cmon, it is not like we're the Yankees or anything!

pats are my 2nd favorite team because most of my friends are from New England. I give them shit because they are here and they know the pats are going down.

is there a calendar for swapmeet events anywhere? I want to make plans but I dont know when the next one is.

I remember reading that they were gonna have that swap meet every coupla months or so..hear anything 'bout that yesterday?

AFAIK theyre set to do so, only a few kooks 'showing off' :fu:

it should be updated in the dimequarterly section...

the Hillco guys are awesome. they also host a muscle car event a few times a year there and were happy to see we werent just a bunch of F&F ricers!

Though I am amazed how many folks I talk to across the country seem to have I vile hatred for the pats. `Cmon, it is not like we're the Yankees or anything!

:D

OK ill give you that (and i cant hear you add an 'R' :lol: ) but the pats have always rubbed me the wrong way.

maybe its because im a dolphin fan

either way..GO PACKERS!!!

AFAIK theyre set to do so, only a few kooks 'showing off' :fu:

it should be updated in the dimequarterly section...

the Hillco guys are awesome. they also host a muscle car event a few times a year there and were happy to see we werent just a bunch of F&F ricers!

:D

OK ill give you that (and i cant hear you add an 'R' :lol: ) but the pats have always rubbed me the wrong way.

maybe its because im a dolphin fan

either way..GO PACKERS!!!

(f&f ricers). I think alot of the guys looked like a bunch of asshole ricers doing there silly ass burnouts when they left the place. makes us all look like assholes.:mad: