Southwest Datsun Pickups 2010 3rd Annual BBQ

ruckycharms

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruckycharms [sorry i already forgot your name] awesome pix & TY for attending. Ill be posting my pix on the thread in events & guys...yes please try to attend next year. You can book rooms @ the Wig wam for $75 per night FYI :D

Great meeting you in person Mark! definitely one of the best car events I've ever been to. The cruise through Fontana was very surreal and cool :cool:

First off, I want to thank everybody for all of Their help!!! You guys did an awesome job!! Everyone pitched in an made things actually go very smoothly. It started out with trying to obtain as many parking spaces as We could, which was 28. As trucks started arriving, We tried to keep them in order from the front to rear. I had thought that the gorgeous sky blue 520 that was at JCCS was going to be coming so that spot was left open. It worked out, though, when the 320 arrived so we had trucks in consecutive order. I would like to do this for years to come also...... 320s, 520s, 521s, 620s, kingcabs (Including Ray's 521 kingcab), 720s and then hardbodys. We accomplished this and I thank all that helped in this arrangement!!!

Next was the usual setup...... photo table, cooking areas, t-shirt sales, etc.

The day went well and NO E.A.O.K.S or Drama!!!!!

Presentation was very cool with Our two newer members and Our First Honorary member, Steve Vaughan. Steve was the person that loaned Me the photo 2 years ago of the SCDP group shot at Fontana Datsun in late 1974 or early 1975. It is the basis of this photo that We do Our historic recreation each year during that cruise!! Steve was a natural choice for Our first recipricant of the plaque. Our plans are to add one honorary member each year at the Bar-B-Que. Steve and His brother, Larry (who has passed on) both had Fontana trucks. It is truly an incredible story on how I met Him!!

Those of You that stayed around at the Wigwam know how cool Our "wind down" pool party went after the sun set!! We are invited once again next year so plan to bring Your swim trunks!!!

Anyway, thank You all again for an awesome day

One last thing!!!!!!! I have a dozen Large and a dozen Extra Large t-shirts that still need to be sold. This will help in the price of holding the event as well as the new routered plaques that SWDP is now having made. I also have a limited supply of last years "plaque" shirt in Large and Extra Large. Please contact Me at steroid620@yahoo.com to get Your collectable shirts!!! Each year will be different so You will never get the "official" shirt once they are gone.