my block is cracked

hooliganPL620

thanks izzo i know how to use a speed hone was asking for a brand on chevys i always use a mk tools quick hone tool with cutting oil and my honda i used 1030 and an over sized hone i stole frommy neighbor was asking for part brands people use i hate to say this but i hate federal mogul and beck arnly cheap taiwan shit anybody got some vintage new factory shit

oh, sorry haha. jus tryin to help.. good luck :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i pulled the block tonight man handled that ho out without a cherry picker bc it was blocked by a mountain of parts for my smog car .......but i broke it down no visible cracks youz guys are right not cracked next step steam wash it send it to the machine shop for some goodies then reassembly bearings rings freeze plugs etc time to make her purdy specially with my side drafts and hei dizzy anyone got headers for sale?

i got the dizzy was all that and a bag of chips i was very impressed thanks for the good deal too! Ya thinking about boring this puppy out found some cast 84.5 mm keith blacks wish I knew how far i could take it out then just take it to 86 and get some 1800 pistons . Kinda bummed already had the head rebuilt new guides seals valves reused the cam and all that on a a87 head with peanut chambers. not to mention dual sidedraft su's. any suggestions or links for hi compression L16 might as well right?

Hi there HooliganPL620, are you saying that you found oil in the water jacket? in the water pump? If so then it was there before and that is why the head was off. I and many other people have had this probem with the L16 head(210 casting I think), what happens is the oil tube/journal in the head cracks for some reason and starts spitting oil into the water jacket, around town driving it doesn't show up fast, but on the hiway it fouls the water fast, the first sign is usually oil in the radiator cap area(gray scum) but no water in the oil. The reason I know this is because it happened to me, and dan(this guy knows a lot about datsuns) of "circle H enterprizes" had a head sliced in the oil tube area of the head till they found the crack. Did you rebuild the existing head? I hope things work out for you. wayno

ya im running an a87 L18 head its what came with it I had the head pressure checked and chem sprayed for cracks it came back good so i had new guides installed hardened seats 1.65 intake valves and 1.38 exhaust valves installed with a factory cam has a U20 casting on it dont know the lift on it but havent done all the research on that cam. the only thing i can figure is the gasket blew between 3 and 4 opening the oil galley between the cooling jackets and eventually got into the cylinder bc the 4 exhaust valve was cracked and burnt. Got to have the L16 block checked and cleaned now probably going to need it bored I found some alright kb pistons but I want to buck up the compression a bit

• 2 weeks later...