A14 pictures

1eightySX

So today I started on my B210. Everything seems to be going ok but because I didn't have a stock carb when I started it has hard to tell what goes where. So if anybody has pictures of their A14 engine with a weber on it, it would be greatly appreciated. I want to verify that I have the fuel lines going to the right places and see how the throttle cable hooks up, and double check the Vac lines. Finally figure out what I do with the coolant line that seems to lead to no where.

Metalmonkey has been helping but any other help would be awesome.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, they don't run those RAM manifolds in Finland, because they will ice up. You'll find out this winter... :-)

Already took the car down for the winter ;) hopefully to rise before the snow. Gotta run coolant around them in copper tubing!

I love Finland!

Me too that's where the good Nokia tires come from.

Do u guys have the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 for sale yet in US?? it´s new winter tire 2010.. thats great if u have snow and ice to run..

Pumpkn! u should visit here(u can come to my place and stay as long u want).. next winter might be snow more than ever i can remeber.. last winter here where i live was 1,5m(59inch).. and if u go to lappi there is much much more.. but still no polarbears or ezkimos :D

oh and here was two months -20 to -34 celsius..

If I am missing anything/parts let me know. I hope these pictures help explain my issues. I don't really know much about carbs, so assembling the weber without a diagram or instructions is no fun.

1.Not too sure where that line should, I have some ideas but want to be certain.

Datsun.jpg

2.What do most people do with this guy?

Datsun3.jpg

3. This line was found on the other side of the engine and is "T'ed" of in the middle, I noticed that the carb has been capped off. Curious where this one runs to.

Datsun4.jpg

4. I know the throttle cable doesn't go through there. I also understand that I need to fab up a bracket but am I missing anything else there?

Datsun2.jpg

5. Close up.

Datsun1.jpg

6. I think I saw a picture that directed that line into that slot, but what goes into the one next to it? Or am I way off.

Datsun5.jpg

7. Picture for fun of the car itself with my car in the background:)

Datsun6.jpg

8. And because it is a Datsun Forum, here is the car how it sits now. I am excited to change the wheels and suspension but first it must run.

Datsun7.jpg

#1 Appears to be your gas tank vent that usually runs to an evap canister.

#2 I think is for the smog pump, but could probably just be blocked with a big bolt or get one from an A15 that won't have that.

#3 That's going to be run to the vac port on the bottom of the carb below the throttle plate. Probably the one that you said is capped? (Assuming its capped on the carb and not on the line)

#4 Looks like everything you have there is correct, also looks like you got yourself a nice simple throttle bracket too biggrin.gif

That's weird. I think it should not be there.

Datsun.jpg

Most guys fit the air cleaner to this tube. It also makes a nice lifting handle but you can remove and put a quarter in the hole.

Datsun3.jpg

Distributor vacuum advance line.

Datsun4.jpg

Bolt the stock Hitachi carb throttle shaft lever to the Weber carb here

Datsun1.jpg

EGR signal vacuum hose goes next to this hose.

Datsun5.jpg