Defrost hoses

Phixius

Ive recently taken my 521 dash out and put in a 520 dash. In the prosses, the old paper/cardboard hoses that go from the heater core up to the dash vents ripped apart. The previous owner put tape all over them and they just came apart. What can be used for new hoses? Or does anyone haave a pair of extra hoses they are willing to sell?

thanks

Edit: heres a what im talking about...

SIMG0155.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they use the same hoses in 620s and 720s? or any of the cars?

They might on the very early 620s, but I do not know this for sure, some of the early 620s have a heater box that is almost the same as a late 521. The thing I don't know is, how the dash defroster outlets are set up on the 620 series. Do you not have datsuns in the wrecking yards where you live? The 720 series don't have tubes like the 521s at all. If you can't find what you need in the wrecking yards where you live, then try older chevrolet truck (pre 1953) supply stores, they sell that type of tubing(it looks a little differant but will work) by the size and length, but open your wallet wide, they are spendy. wayno

Thanks for the input guys. I have looked at the preheater tubes, but I couldnt justify spending $10-$15 per tube at the time(i'll be needing 2). I just may have to open my wallet, as stated.

Charlie -- I'll go to napa tomorrow and check it out...

Wayno -- Ive called all the wrecking yards in my area, no datsuns except a couple 280s... I took a little trip to Vancouver a few months back, to pick up some parts from a guy in your area ( Grady, i think). He mentioned someone that was near him that had a diesal 521. Would this be you? I might want to head back down there to pick up somemore parts you or he might have. Also check out those junk yards with all the datsuns in them...

i'm on it

i got chu

oem nissan part number 27061-11400

type the number in the bottom search bar. for some reason the top search bar doesn't work.

https://ssl.autocenter.net/nissanparts/cart/?pn=27061-11400

they're $5.29 each plus $9.99 to ship

they way to justify the shipping is to order your brake dust boots,pedal pads,heater hoses ect all for $9.99 to ship.

heater hose long/lower b7021-b2000 $6.90

heater hose short/upper b7020-b2000 $6.87

pedal pads 46431--04100 $2.35

these prices are wayyyyyyyy cheaper than epray.

find what you need by downloading the parts catalog on this site then type in the part numbers on nissanparts.cc

521 parts book download here. click tech and scroll down its a pdf file.

http://www.olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

Well, unded up just using preheater hose, found some for $4 each.

Dat521gatherer -- I went to the nissan dealer today, but the parts department is closed sundays. Also if you want to save on shipping nissanparts.cc is the same as the nissan dealer, at least in olympia.

thanks for the help guys...