• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jputz

jputz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Cars:74 620, 78 Firebird (fiances), 98 Jeep Cherokee, 87 BMW 325is, 04 Chrysler Town and Country

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

Most People around here into datsuns know Rod from gainsville, well he is having a big sale. Seems like he is getting rid of all his 510 stuff for some reason. Check out his listing on CL for the Atlanta area. As everyone knows he has a bunch of stuff check it out.

#2 INDY510

INDY510

Jerusalem Cruiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

I can't see the the craigslist ad.....

#3 jputz

jputz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Cars:74 620, 78 Firebird (fiances), 98 Jeep Cherokee, 87 BMW 325is, 04 Chrysler Town and Country

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

sorry heres the link. There are a few pictures in the Ad.

Craigslist Ad

#4 INDY510

INDY510

Jerusalem Cruiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

Do you see your parts Hang510?

Someone should post this on the510realm........ (My account got deleted)... :lol:

#5 '70dime

'70dime

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Cars:1970 510, 66 F-100 Longbed

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

He has a secret. He told me He wouldn't tell me what it is I'd have to come see it. I think its something special.
at the end of the day its the difference of a mercedes benz driver saying he has a sophisticated awd platform and the redneck from MERICA that says he has a chevy that will pull his fat mother inlaw right off the porch no problem if you throw that sumbitch inta 4low

~erichwaslike

Never fall in love with rims or a woman where YOU have to change everything in order for it to work out. Find one that suits you first, fall in love later.

-datzenmike

#6 jputz

jputz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Really... I have emailed him about some things, I just hope he can hold on to them for a few weeks till I can make it up there.

#7 ggzilla

ggzilla

Road Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,058 posts
  • Cars:no cars

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

I saw "GA 510s" and was hoping to see some DOHC transplant photos...
Here today gone tomorrow

#8 metalmonkey47

metalmonkey47

Unka-Matt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,153 posts
  • Cars:1970 240Z

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

He has a secret. He told me He wouldn't tell me what it is I'd have to come see it. I think its something special.

You gotta tell me the secret ASAP! lol

...seems to me we are being held hostage by these candy-ass pussy, limp wrist, hanky twisting, girly-man, cry when Forrest Gump's mom died, crystal gazing, Om chanting, sandal wearing, whiny voiced, oh I broke a nail, fucks.

#9 fuzz's '71 510

fuzz's '71 510

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Cars:71 510 2 dr

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

I'm over here in Alabama and he always has alot for sale. He's been thinning down his cars and parts for quite sometime now, just wish he was alittle more responsive.

I'm gonna go look at my shaft right now. I will snap some oics and see if your guys eyes see something I dont

#10 chato

chato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

Damn this is the same asshole that never sent me the disk brake brackets I paid him for more than a year ago. Man I wish I was closer to this guy that wa I could pay him a good visit... he will be getting a call for sure now that he posted his new number on the ad.

#11 nismo dr

nismo dr

Cool Story Bro.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts
  • Cars:mad Datsun withdrawls

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

thats why I'm here too, got my hopes up

You shut up.  You're not helping

Not super hard.  You just gotta know the right people.  You now know the right people.  Welcome to Ratsun.

Fresco historia, hermano.

#12 paradoxx

paradoxx

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Cars:510 '69 & '72, Cj-5 '61, Chevy '50, Celica '82, nitro buggy .21cc

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

I thought the same.....GA16DE swap haha

I would like yo know about the disk brake brackets and removable steering wheels. sucks to be far away.
Posted Image

510 1969 and 1972 | Chevy 1950 | Celica 1982 | GMC Jimmy 1972 | Jeep CJ-5 1961 | Nitro RC buggy .21cc 1/8 | 1992 Yamaha YZ80 tha pink one!!

#13 San Maru

San Maru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cars:6 classic z cars in varied condition

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Good to know that this guy is a con artist. He is still in 'business' and has expanded to Z cars as well.
The life of a man is a diary in which he means to write a story, yet writes another.

#14 The Taterhead

The Taterhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Cars:'71 510 (mine),'72 510 (my sons), 97 Pathfinder currently

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

He flaked out on buying a 69 wagon from me just this past weekend. I was just gonna swap out parts with him for the car but after him adamantly professing he wanted the car he never got back in touch. All i can say is buyer beware.
Roads? Where we're goin' we don't need roads!

#15 San Maru

San Maru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

We warned you. Now he wasted your time and gas. For some reason that makes me mad. Do us all a favor and spread the word to datsun owners that he is a jerk and avoid business with him. Remember to tell the z car guys too.
The life of a man is a diary in which he means to write a story, yet writes another.

#16 The Taterhead

The Taterhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Cars:'71 510 (mine),'72 510 (my sons), 97 Pathfinder currently

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

We warned you. Now he wasted your time and gas. For some reason that makes me mad. Do us all a favor and spread the word to datsun owners that he is a jerk and avoid business with him. Remember to tell the z car guys too.

Nah nothing lost but 3 days of time. I put out a CL ad on wednesday. He was supposed to pick it up on saturday. He didn't show and it was leaving my house on the new owners trailer on monday morning. The bad thing is I had planned on buying parts from him too but that's out he window now. This is the wagon you asked me about.
Roads? Where we're goin' we don't need roads!

#17 San Maru

San Maru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Anyone want to give me a lead on a 510 in Georgia? I had a dream I had a white one. I woke up and was like- AWW Man! It was just a dream...

#18 '70dime

'70dime

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Cars:1970 510, 66 F-100 Longbed

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

He flaked out on buying a 69 wagon from me just this past weekend. I was just gonna swap out parts with him for the car but after him adamantly professing he wanted the car he never got back in touch. All i can say is buyer beware.

He tried to sell me the dash out of this car on august 7th but he wanted $500 for it and I told him I didn't want to spend that much. sounds like he was trying to part it out before he even paid for it.

I've known Rodney for a while and hes helped me out in a few situations when my car has been out of commission, however much like the rest of you, he has screwed me to. I don't wanna go into detail but it was a trade where he got what he wanted then 'lost his phone' when it came time for me to get my shit. if you can get shit from him and its not to far out of the way go for it, he has everything. but I'll never go outta my way for him again.
at the end of the day its the difference of a mercedes benz driver saying he has a sophisticated awd platform and the redneck from MERICA that says he has a chevy that will pull his fat mother inlaw right off the porch no problem if you throw that sumbitch inta 4low

~erichwaslike

Never fall in love with rims or a woman where YOU have to change everything in order for it to work out. Find one that suits you first, fall in love later.

-datzenmike