DatDougs Daily Datsun Diary

Kinda Catchy aint it!

Anyways, I have been kinda keeping a Daily Diary of my Datsun goings on ("Log Book" is more manly) Like for instance today I went to the junk yard and looked @ a couple of 521 trucks I am interested in. The good one is a solid truck with everything there except the carb. Nice and str8. The other one is pretty str8 as well with the exception of the pass. door. I am going to pick up these pick ups next week. Ever since I sold my 521 last year I have been wanting one of these. So, I write something Datsun related in my "Log Book" everyday. I wont bore you with the dull stuff but if something cool happens I will post it here. You can read it if you like and if not:fu:

LOL I just love using that one!

here are some pics.

521002.jpg[/img]

521005.jpg[/img]

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug...OH MY GAWD...you have me on the edge of my seat. Please regale us with more tales of your swashbuckling adventures.:fu:

That one is fun to use huh!?....

Hope to get a break in the monsoon to get the truck running, with the carb and manifold I got from you. Probably need to buy a Carter Electric fuel pump first.:fu: That is fun, your right!

They look real nice Doug! One even still has the hood emblem. I swear those thing must've fallen off more 521's that any other emblem.

Hey if you are getting two you could make a sweet extended cab like the one that was at reso! But put a 620 bubble window in the extension!

Doug...OH MY GAWD...you have me on the edge of my seat. Please regale us with more tales of your swashbuckling adventures.:fu:

I told you those were fun:fu::fu::fu: LOL What the %$@# does "regale" mean???!!! Is that a misspell or are you trying to impress us with your vast knowledge of the english language?

Give us a project thread of your carb settup. PLEASE! With pics too!

:fu:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was out and about today and I decided to hunt for dattos. I seen 3 620's out in Belfair 2 of them wrecked and 1 str8 longbed. The guy says he is going to fix them. YEAH RITE! They have been there as long as I have been around. Another cat saw my dime and said his dad had a 521 sitting in his yard in Vaughn. I gave him my #. On the sam road as the 3 620's is another longbed 620 under a tarp. Crazy Edd and I stopped by there last summer and looked @ it. Its a runner and the old man wants 2g's for it. Its not worth 1! It was fun tho cause the old man was kinda hard of hearing so after everyhthing we would say he would reply "WHAT!" LOL

There is another really clean 75-77 Longbed over off of Sydney. There is never anyone home tho! A little shorty with canopy sitting in the weeds off of Burley Rd. I left a note.

I do this at least once every 3 months. Never know when your going to score that good deal.

Later:fu:

I have not bought the 521's yet. I am having trouble deciding on going with the 521's or staying with the 620's:blink: 1 day I am all about the 521's and then I change my mind back to the 620's!:eek: I am in a quandry.

:fu:

• 2 weeks later...

That is fun, your right!

Rapidly reply, and relate your ratsun recital. (you are right!)