Photo

The 520!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#41 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Cars:One Bad 1968 SR520! Now Back Home!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

Dood! sick 520! I can only dream that my 520 will be half as cool as yours someday!

It took alot of work to get it were it's at now. Building it while i was still limping around with stiches in my head and knee. I liked my first 520 so much and sold my 98% done 510 just to build the 520 the way i wanted my other one. And it's almost done. Thanks!
Your Truck Sucks!

#42 Charlie69

Charlie69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Cars:1966 520, 1985 720 ST King Cab, 1986 720 King Cab

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

This truck is just as nice if not nicer than your other 520. You are definitely inspiring me to finish mine.

Here is my build link:
http://community.rat...s-66-520-build/

Here is my 86 720 2WD King Cab Thread

http://community.rat...20-king-cab-dd/

Here is my 85 720 2WD King Cab ST Build Thread

http://community.rat...20-king-cab-st/

Here is my Photo Bucket Album Link:
http://http://s477.p...arlie69_Datsun/

#43 lynchfourtwenty

lynchfourtwenty

Basic Title

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Cars:1977 620, 91 sentra se-r, 92 Infiniti G20

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

seriously!! freakin awesome man, this ones gonna be badder then the last one i can tell.. keep it up man!

Yup, this is ratsun. You can be a retard and do retarded stuff to your ride, and that's your prerogative. You can also drive around with a bear trap straddling your nut sack and a rabid ferret in your passenger seat, but we're probably gonna call you out on account of you being a retard for doing so.

#44 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

seriously!! freakin awesome man, this ones gonna be badder then the last one i can tell.. keep it up man!

Thanks! I wanted it to run last month but I went to turn it over and my starter died. So I got to get a new one and I also ordered new injector pintle's. So maybe this month it will run. I got the brakes and clutch bleed and been replacing almost every old bolt with the gold grade 8's. I still need to fix the fenders and other little ding's.
Your Truck Sucks!

#45 nismo dr

nismo dr

Cool Story Bro.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts
  • Cars:mad Datsun withdrawls

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'm not a drifter it's kinda gay to me,I'm more of a straight line and like when people look at my truck,but that's me!

that is so going to be in my sig

You shut up.  You're not helping

Not super hard.  You just gotta know the right people.  You now know the right people.  Welcome to Ratsun.

Fresco historia, hermano.

#46 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Got the exhaust almost done,It's going to be pretty loud I have a spiral flow muffler dumped out by the driver door. Got my injector stuff from RC engineering and got the driver side IC piping squared away,need to do the pass side and put in the iav and a bov,and find a good place for the AFM,thinking of putting it in the fender so my engine bay can be clutter free! I also cranked it over and all is good wiring wise! I'll have pic's tomorrow.
Your Truck Sucks!

#47 bonvo

bonvo

Dr. Frankenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts
  • Cars:73 datsun 610(the zombie 610) 56 chevy 3600 77 620 kc 03 se-r

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

ricardo bro when this thing is done you should swing out to vacaville i know a few awesome places to take some pictures and the 520 next to the 610 would be sick

the first rule of Ratsun is you don't talk about Ratsun... no wait thats fight club.....

....the first rule of Ratsun is PICS OR BAN! :fu:

http://community.rat...on-resurection/
http://www.build-thr...1/#comment-5259

http://community.rat...-bought-a-what/

its like pikachu cuz its always his go to, the ol relaiable, looks cute kicks ass on the reg. and the 610 is charizard.... when ya really need to lay down some shit. lol - skib

#48 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

ricardo bro when this thing is done you should swing out to vacaville i know a few awesome places to take some pictures and the 520 next to the 610 would be sick

Ya will do!
Got the injectors in and fuel rail, and some other small things done made a turn out for the muffler.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Your Truck Sucks!

#49 lynchfourtwenty

lynchfourtwenty

Basic Title

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

whats spl? i never heard of them.. you should get a nistune!

Yup, this is ratsun. You can be a retard and do retarded stuff to your ride, and that's your prerogative. You can also drive around with a bear trap straddling your nut sack and a rabid ferret in your passenger seat, but we're probably gonna call you out on account of you being a retard for doing so.

#50 Cahoon520

Cahoon520

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Cars:1968 Datsun 520 2013 Volkswagen Passat 2009 Volkswagen Routan

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

Where is the radiator going to fit it looks very tight.

#51 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Where is the radiator going to fit it looks very tight.

It will fit like my first one,I had a 3in radiator in there with plenty of room.
Posted Image
Your Truck Sucks!

#52 fisch

fisch

Resident Ratsun Artist

• User Administrator
  • 6,113 posts
  • Cars:1970 510 Wagon, 1959 Datsun 1000 sedan, 1972 Datsun 510 LZ22, Sold. 1971 PL521 Pickup

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Sycloned, I know I keep telling you how much I dig this thing, but I can't help it. I think I remember tearing up when I saw what happened to the first one. You should be proud man, hell if it were mine and I built it with my own hands, I'd prolly never drive it because I'd be staring at it the whole time thinking what a bad-ass I was!

Much respect!

#53 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

whats spl? i never heard of them.. you should get a nistune!

Here's the stuff on the ECU.
STOCK TURBINE-S14 turbine works just great as well, STOCK INJECTOR, FUEL MAP REFINED FOR BOOST UP(0.65-1.1bar), AIR CLEANER, SPEED LIMITER AND REV LIMITER HAS BEEN CUT, F/M INTERCOOLER, EXHAUST
SYSTEM, AIR CLEANER, STOCK AIR FLOW METER. QUICK RESPONSE.

Later on I might run that,I want a standalone or something so I can run it with a laptop.But that will be later after I dial it all in how I want it.
Your Truck Sucks!

#54 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Sycloned, I know I keep telling you how much I dig this thing, but I can't help it. I think I remember tearing up when I saw what happened to the first one. You should be proud man, hell if it were mine and I built it with my own hands, I'd prolly never drive it because I'd be staring at it the whole time thinking what a bad-ass I was!

Much respect!

Thanks Man! I have over 300+ pictures of both 520's,everytime I come across the Crash pic's it breaks my heart. Thats how I feel sometime with all the bad drivers out there. But if you dont drive it what's the point of building it. So it will be driven and my other buddy I'm helping build his 520 to plan on going to some meets down south and Canby when were done. Ya I'm so close to being Done with it I can't wait to drive it.
Your Truck Sucks!

#55 lynchfourtwenty

lynchfourtwenty

Basic Title

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Here's the stuff on the ECU.
STOCK TURBINE-S14 turbine works just great as well, STOCK INJECTOR, FUEL MAP REFINED FOR BOOST UP(0.65-1.1bar), AIR CLEANER, SPEED LIMITER AND REV LIMITER HAS BEEN CUT, F/M INTERCOOLER, EXHAUST
SYSTEM, AIR CLEANER, STOCK AIR FLOW METER. QUICK RESPONSE.

Later on I might run that,I want a standalone or something so I can run it with a laptop.But that will be later after I dial it all in how I want it.

nistunes fully tuneable(timing map an fuel maps + lots lots more), you can use a laptop to datalog everytiny little thing an the softwares compatable with most wideband units..

#56 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

Spent about 2hr's wire tucking and trying to hide some of the engine harness and putting the braided cover over it all so it looks clean. Found a good spot to mount the AFM in the wheel well,there's alot of room in there so next I have to cut a hole in the inner fender well and gromet it and them pipe it to the AFM and them mount it, I also have a sheild for the AFM from my other 520 for it so water and other stuff wont get in the filter. Got my hood emblem too. And there's a picture of the gauges I'm going to run Cyberdyne that one's for outside air temp,but I will have them for speedo,tach,oil press,water temp,fuel level,volts and boost. I'm gonna run a Innovation Turbo Timer/Wideband unit too in all the madness.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
]
Your Truck Sucks!

#57 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

This morning while I was waiting to go to my shop,got the spot were the AFM is going to be piped,cut a hole through the inner fender and cleaned it up,I'll put a gromet around it once I get it all squared away. I'll run the AFM wire along the inside fender for that clean look. Picked up my Pass side IC pipe on Sunday still have to clean it up and smooth it up,then add a BOV on it. So far everything is ran how it will be,just waiting on my water temp harness and fitting's for the TB water in-outlets lines,and then it should be ready to fire-up! I'll get the radiator last once I know it runs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Your Truck Sucks!

#58 nis720

nis720

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Cars:86 720 w/ KA-T

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Why is this not in the Project Datto section like your other build? BTW it's looking real good. :D
http://www.cardomain.com/id/nis720
http://www.youtube.com/nis720
All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car - Titus.

#59 lynchfourtwenty

lynchfourtwenty

Basic Title

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

soo jealous..

#60 sycloned916

sycloned916

• PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Why is this not in the Project Datto section like your other build? BTW it's looking real good. :D

Got lazy didn't think I was going to go this far with it,plus i don't want to double post.
Your Truck Sucks!