The 520!

sycloned916

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycloned, I know I keep telling you how much I dig this thing, but I can't help it. I think I remember tearing up when I saw what happened to the first one. You should be proud man, hell if it were mine and I built it with my own hands, I'd prolly never drive it because I'd be staring at it the whole time thinking what a bad-ass I was!

Much respect!

whats spl? i never heard of them.. you should get a nistune!

Here's the stuff on the ECU.

STOCK TURBINE-S14 turbine works just great as well, STOCK INJECTOR, FUEL MAP REFINED FOR BOOST UP(0.65-1.1bar), AIR CLEANER, SPEED LIMITER AND REV LIMITER HAS BEEN CUT, F/M INTERCOOLER, EXHAUST

SYSTEM, AIR CLEANER, STOCK AIR FLOW METER. QUICK RESPONSE.

Later on I might run that,I want a standalone or something so I can run it with a laptop.But that will be later after I dial it all in how I want it.

Sycloned, I know I keep telling you how much I dig this thing, but I can't help it. I think I remember tearing up when I saw what happened to the first one. You should be proud man, hell if it were mine and I built it with my own hands, I'd prolly never drive it because I'd be staring at it the whole time thinking what a bad-ass I was!

Much respect!

Thanks Man! I have over 300+ pictures of both 520's,everytime I come across the Crash pic's it breaks my heart. Thats how I feel sometime with all the bad drivers out there. But if you dont drive it what's the point of building it. So it will be driven and my other buddy I'm helping build his 520 to plan on going to some meets down south and Canby when were done. Ya I'm so close to being Done with it I can't wait to drive it.

Here's the stuff on the ECU.

STOCK TURBINE-S14 turbine works just great as well, STOCK INJECTOR, FUEL MAP REFINED FOR BOOST UP(0.65-1.1bar), AIR CLEANER, SPEED LIMITER AND REV LIMITER HAS BEEN CUT, F/M INTERCOOLER, EXHAUST

SYSTEM, AIR CLEANER, STOCK AIR FLOW METER. QUICK RESPONSE.

Later on I might run that,I want a standalone or something so I can run it with a laptop.But that will be later after I dial it all in how I want it.

nistunes fully tuneable(timing map an fuel maps + lots lots more), you can use a laptop to datalog everytiny little thing an the softwares compatable with most wideband units..

Spent about 2hr's wire tucking and trying to hide some of the engine harness and putting the braided cover over it all so it looks clean. Found a good spot to mount the AFM in the wheel well,there's alot of room in there so next I have to cut a hole in the inner fender well and gromet it and them pipe it to the AFM and them mount it, I also have a sheild for the AFM from my other 520 for it so water and other stuff wont get in the filter. Got my hood emblem too. And there's a picture of the gauges I'm going to run Cyberdyne that one's for outside air temp,but I will have them for speedo,tach,oil press,water temp,fuel level,volts and boost. I'm gonna run a Innovation Turbo Timer/Wideband unit too in all the madness.

Datsun520333.jpg

Datsun520332.jpg

Datsun520334.jpg

Datsun520339.jpg

Datsun520343.jpg

Datsun520335.jpg

Datsun520336.jpg

Datsun520340.jpg

Datsun520338.jpg

]

This morning while I was waiting to go to my shop,got the spot were the AFM is going to be piped,cut a hole through the inner fender and cleaned it up,I'll put a gromet around it once I get it all squared away. I'll run the AFM wire along the inside fender for that clean look. Picked up my Pass side IC pipe on Sunday still have to clean it up and smooth it up,then add a BOV on it. So far everything is ran how it will be,just waiting on my water temp harness and fitting's for the TB water in-outlets lines,and then it should be ready to fire-up! I'll get the radiator last once I know it runs.

Datsun520344.jpg

Datsun520345.jpg

Datsun520346.jpg

Datsun520347.jpg

Datsun520348.jpg

soo jealous..

Haha my buddy stopped by today and spent 15-20min just looking over my engine bay on how clean everything is. That's how I want it when the hood is pop'd it's like a pearl. I spend countless Hr's going over everything seeing what I can replace or change so it will be perfect.

Got it started today,fired right up after I let the pump run for abit. Now I can get the rest of it finished up still need afew things in the engine bay,throttle cable,some hose clamps for all the IC and AFM piping and then the Radiator. Got one door panel mounted and put the dash in so I can start the panel for my gauges. I have a black coupler coming for the AFM so I can get rid of the red one that is on it. The Exhaust is pretty loud but thats how I want it,I still need to mount it with a hanger so it's up more.

Datsun520349.jpg

Datsun520350.jpg

Datsun520351.jpg

Datsun520354.jpg

Datsun520352.jpg

Datsun520353.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been pretty busy the past few weeks,but here's what I got done as of now. Runs had a small problem with the fuel cell foam,clogged my filter. Its now fixed and running on 105 octane now. Got fenders done today abd mt grill done in wrinkle black,still need to do piping,valve cover and compressor in wrinkle black. Brakes need to be bleed one more time. Need to run all the gauges and get my turbo timer/wideband unit. Get my doors fixed. Hood should be done next month.And then some tires. Other than that It's almost there,just been driving up and down my driveway and in front of my house when the weather is good.

Datsun520370-1.jpg

Datsun520371-2.jpg

Datsun520372-1.jpg

Datsun520381-1.jpg

Datsun520373-1.jpg

Datsun520374-1.jpg

Datsun520377.jpg

Datsun520378-1.jpg

Datsun520384.jpg

Datsun520385.jpg