Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I always measure my fasteners before stuffing them in a hole...

I wonder if this car will ever be done? Jeff almost talked me into buying a S13 Coupe (he was supposed to talk me out of it) that was exactly like my old one. I was close but then decided I could use that money to PAINT MY 510!!!

Anywho... I WILL work on this car today. Gotta button up the driver side quarter. I did buy sheet metal for the back seat deck. Just gotta get busy. I wanna do some donuts....

• Like 1

I always measure my fasteners before stuffing them in a hole...

I wonder if this car will ever be done? Jeff almost talked me into buying a S13 Coupe (he was supposed to talk me out of it) that was exactly like my old one. I was close but then decided I could use that money to PAINT MY 510!!!

Anywho... I WILL work on this car today. Gotta button up the driver side quarter. I did buy sheet metal for the back seat deck. Just gotta get busy. I wanna do some donuts....

Resist the temptation! We are all hungry for donuts!

• Like 2

Resist the temptation! We are all hungry for donuts!

There will be some donuts soon....

S13's will still be there when this ones done.

And you won't want them anymore

I know. I love the S13 but I don't need another daily. I only need a weekend street terror...

So I got the driver quarter on today. Both quarters are attached for the first time in six years.. Next is the rear speaker deck.

IMG_20170220_131223_570_zps6ivadqjb.jpg

IMG_20170220_142006_zpsdflwafqs.jpg

IMG_20170220_142038_zpsrhgs6uv6.jpg

IMG_20170220_154201_375_zpsahoshbo5.jpg

Drilled and test mounted the garnish. Yes sir!

IMG_20170220_170847_zpsrefzbu3r.jpg

• Like 5

Still loving this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a quick question on that last pic, where you have gone to a coil over setup do you do anything to strengthen the arms? , is it even needed? its not something ive seen done in my neck of the woods 

but the set up looks amazing hey !!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I did was add a sleeve over the inside "washer" on the shock mount. This sleeve is welded around the washer and then around the sleeve where it mates to the control arm. This gets rid of the bend point in the shaft between the control arm and washer.

I did manage to go out in the garage today and rework my tranny mount for more exhaust clearance. It was rubbing after weld out. Fitting 3" exhaust under a 510 while maintaining ground clearance is a challenge...

This was one of the most fun parts to watch you pull off. I'm not surprised to hear it needs some adjustments.

• Like 1

cheers for the reply, im pretty sure ive got a mental picture of whats been done and where the weak point might be now,

so much easier to get the ride height your after with that set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)