Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me neither. Not sure which one is more rare. Not that I really care...

I'm sorting all the wiring right now. Killed the MAP and the break out box for my ECU. I know how I killed the MAP but the break out box I have no clue... Should have everything ready this weekend to try again. Lots of little thing to address with the wiring and motor. One step at a time..

• Like 1

I have a "orange needle" tach and gauge set. I also have a nicer white needle gauge set without the tach. I'm considering painting the needle on my tach white and going with the white set. It would match up to my vdo gauges. Thoughts?

i have a oem 510 tach with white needle that is missing a few parts and needs cleaned ill sell you for cheap ill take pics tomarrow, that way you can have one of both instead of messing with the orange needle one

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm dying over here. Been fighting the EFI to get the idle to lean out. She doesn't like to idle at 14.7. I've got that mostly worked out, lot's of small stuff fighting me still.

Now I need to remove the stub axles from the diff and they won't come out! Their held in by circlips and should pop right out. Tried prying and even used a slide hammer. Nothing! I'm about to buy an R180 LSD and new axles/cv's. Kinda pissed off right now.

I won't give up just not sure my next path.

• Like 1

Stock Subaru CVs with the shit cutoff and flanges welded on. Subaru R160 VLSD. The axles went in easy and you can move them in and out slighty and feel the circlip.

20160829_190648_zps1kdipkgz.jpg

20160829_190659_zps2ecfw6bm.jpg

I need them to be removable if I route the exhaust over the driver side. I'll probably bail on that and route it underneath like everyone else so I can just move on. I don't have time for bullshit at this point. Too much to do.

• Like 2

Make a cv shaft remover. Buy a couple of pickle forks and widen them (with whatever steel you have) enough to get around the shaft tip. If you have 2 you can stack them if one isn't tall enough.

Here's the real ones

31nnkUjg-sL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

• Like 1

I rented a big ass slide hammer and the driver side popped right out. Passenger is stuck. I could care less about the passenger side as I just needed to remove the driver side. Carry on...

I did pick up a brand spanking new Chevy Malibu tonight. It's super comfy and has all kinds of cool tech. I dig the Android Auto. Wheels are kinda "meh" but the 16% rebate made up for it..

20160830_195057_zpsrtwrid6k.jpg

• Like 4

Just wait. I got plans for that car ;)

Here's my inspiration....

20160831_101040_zpsckvmnxkq.jpg

Windows are tinted. Rims are next. Waiting on springs to be on the market..

20160903_154951_zpspnm14g4c.jpg

Nothing easy about 3" exhaust on a 510. It's an engineering feat to keep it tucked. Gonna have to make a short hard line over the "hump" section and I'll wrap the pipe with header wrap to keep the heat down. Gotta hang the rear sheet metal and weld it all together before I can hang the muffler. There's no wiggle room with v-band clamps and tight clearances. It sounds beast though ;)

20160904_180738_zpspcc8lgc7.jpg

20160904_180758_zpsh9jukesx.jpg

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Been busy living a jet setter lifestyle... Gonna be back to work on the car in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll get motivated again.

I'm really thinking about switching to a Wilwood 1" Master Cylinder. I have a B210 Booster so it should be fine. Main reason is I can buy it with the remote mount kit to save me time.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-260-7563/?rtype=10

Thoughts?

Ordered a set of these in 20" for my Malibu. Should be here next week... Same wheels as the Impala above but 20" instead of 22" and black with machined faces...

Wheels_zps400pbncf.png

• Like 2
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)