Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

I would recommend that you put a one-way check valve between the crankcase and the Venturi when installing. When the system is working correctly you should be able to stop the motor, pull the dip stick and hear air entering the crankcase. You want negative pressure in the crankcase.

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If my memory is correct, ( been like 20+ years ago), we used a EGR check valve, it can hold the heat. We had a air cooled VW motor that had a pan vac system, it would hold vacuum for 10-15 mins after shut down. Good news, no oil leaks with the crankcase under vacuum.  

• Like 2

That's what most people use. I'll place one a couple inches ahead of the slash pipe to insulate a little. We'll see. Just want to get the fitting in there for now.

Just dropped some coin at Futofab. I'm done for a while....

I needed the lower section for my driver quarter panel. Much easier to just buy it since mine was rusted and I cut it off..

quarter_zps3i19tadh.png

Got a rear valance so I can place my muffler in the right spot before finish weld out.

valance_zpsjfzhfjjw.png

And picked up a latch assembly. I need to modify mine so it doesn't hit the intercooler when you close it. Might as well start with new metal.

latch_kit_zpsknricgxj.png

• Like 3

If my memory is correct, ( been like 20+ years ago), we used a EGR check valve, it can hold the heat. We had a air cooled VW motor that had a pan vac system, it would hold vacuum for 10-15 mins after shut down. Good news, no oil leaks with the crankcase under vacuum.

Here's the one they sell for the evac kit I bought. I think I'll hook a gauge up to the fitting and test for vacuum before I spend money on hoses and check valves.

Oops. Forgot the link. Nevermeind..

• Like 1

Made it out to the shop today....

I've been going back and forth on whether to use the stock hood latch or not. My main concerns were I couldn't use the factory brace and the safety hook will hit my intercooler. Both are solvable problems but I couldn't move forward without a decision.

Well after many lost nights of sleep.... I decided to stay stock and make a new brace.

It turned out pretty good. I didn't have much room so its minimal.

IMG_20150809_154620_zpsl1glqkv9.jpg

IMG_20150809_154610_zpsefqv8hsr.jpg

IMG_20150809_154603_zpsdlnmge6i.jpg

IMG_20150809_154154_zpsoij1ksxg.jpg

IMG_20150809_154203_zpswry3yxue.jpg

You mean like this?  :ninja:

• Like 5

That's a good machine then. All those years of use.

It's not as good as it was 10 years ago but it still moves straight and hold position within a thou, not too bad for being 60+. We have two brand new machines but they're Chinese and the fuckin suck. I'm running one right now and I can't feed at the proper load for the insert because the whole tool head might come off.

• Like 1
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)