Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes sir ;)

Intake is done. Air filter is mounted with a really soft rubber isolator. Water pump is fixed. No more leaky. Next? Weld the whole exhaust system and put in the crankcase ventilation system. Also need to TIG up a surge tank for the cooling system.. And last but not least mount the boost solenoid and cooling fan.... All planned. Need to build. That's it for the motor!

IMG_20151101_163750_zpsz3cxtxar.jpg

IMG_20151101_163741_zpsofrpyxxa.jpg

• Like 7

Mocked up the surge tank. Not sure I like it. We'll see. Seems small. I think it would be OK. Gotta do research...

IMG_20151103_184827_zpspleifjdg.jpg

IMG_20151103_184801_zpsxbzvnzgn.jpg

Dig. Surprised you didn't run it flat against the fender wall and go with the curve of the wheel arch/

• Like 2

I'll be building a new one. Going to a cylindrical one mounted vertically next to the radiator on the driver side (next to the filler).

I ordered the filler neck tonight. Need to measure for tube diameter. Thinking 3" OD x12" Long, 0.125" wall 6061-T6.

On another note. Looks like the engine bay will be shot around Christmas/new years!!! Stoked!

• Like 2

Went out to the shop after work. Cylinder doesn't fit well and looks off....

After some brainstorming I hit on the solution. I don't have the filler/cap yet so height might change. Its definitely the highest point in the system, not that it matters as much for a recirculating system but that's OK.

IMG_20151105_182805_zpsegmwomcl.jpg

IMG_20151105_182816_zpskpy9mp3t.jpg

I like!!!! Lots of capacity and looks like it was designed that way..... I'll put baffles inside to prevent sloshing.

• Like 3

From what I've read is if your pushing the car you need a recirculating system. Basically when the system over pressurizes it purges coolant. When it cools it sucks air back into the system. With this system it sucks coolant back. This is really good in my case because the radiator is so low. It will purge air and replace with coolant...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)