Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess so.. better than nothing?..

Funny story... If the launch control setup has a value greater than zero in the "Launch Max Speed" and you don't have a speed signal to the ECU it will think you're sitting still and the result is a Rev limiter of 4500RPM..... That's explains why it was breaking up at that RPM... This system is new to me so I missed that setting...

image.png

Not only did disabling the launch control fix the breaking up at 4500rpm it fixed the idle issue and drivability issues. Now I need to know why so I can fix for good. She pulls hard as a freight train at 12psi and purrs like a kitten at 800rpm. Crazy. She has as much power as your right foot desires... And that's at 13deg of timing.. it still has a few degrees left.. timing makes power.. until detonation occurs..

nismo-1.png

• Like 2

Had to fix an oil leak at the filter relocator, replace the radiator caps with non "shitty AutoZone" guaranteed to leak ones.. next I need to reflare one brake line at the master, bleed the brakes again and then it's time to get back to body prep so I can throw down some primer/sealer and put the windows in. I would like to drive it for real and not just illegal runs down back roads

IMG_20170804_211929_369.jpg

• Like 2

I decided I really don't want to pull the windshield and back window to paint this winter. So.. I'm gonna do all the body work and paint the body now. Might as well do it once. That means I had to finish the wiring and install connectors so I can remove the dash. It's almost done. Just need to install the cut off switch and clean up some loose ends.

IMG_20170813_124318.jpg

IMG_20170813_155209.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

I love when you think you ordered one piece and ten show up...

If anyone needs 5/8" to 5/16" reducers for their fuel vent just lmk...

IMG_20170801_080704.jpg

almost as great as the time i ordered 1 a14 thermostat but didnt read it was a case of 24 ... luckily it got lost in shipping and rock auto credited me before i realized i had 78 dollars in thermo stats 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

I wonder what happened to this project? It's still moving along, I just don't post much about it anymore.

I've been working on the metal getting it ready.

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

Had to fix some panel warpage from welding on the flares.

IMG_4.jpg

Shrinking disc to the rescue!!

IMG_3.jpg

Much better....

IMG_59.jpg

IMG_6.jpg

IMG_7.jpg

IMG_8.jpg

Hung the door and started on the panel alignment/gaps.

IMG_9.jpg

IMG_10.jpg

The back of the fender was a little high and the lower corner was rusted so I killed two birds with one stone and cut off the lower corner.

IMG_11.jpg

IMG_12.jpg

New corner and properly aligned panel.

IMG_13.jpg

The door gap looked horrible.

IMG_14.jpg

SO I welded the leading edge of the door and reground the gap

IMG_15.jpg

Next is to shrink the door panel to get the crown out of the panel. All 510 doors kinda bulge outward and I want the panels to be flat and straight. Kinda scary so hopefully I don;t mess it up....

This car will be painted and on the road this spring barring any unforseen life obstacles. I'm pretty confident it will and I'll be at canby for the first time... Cross your fingers...

• Like 10
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you sir.

Finally got the new Golf MK2 front fenders. I did a shit job when I made the front fenders last time so I'm redoing them...

New fenders to cut up...

IMG_20180308_114324.jpg

Stripped the front fender to bare and started mocking of the flare:

IMG_20180314_201905.jpg

IMG_20180314_201855.jpg

IMG_20180314_201831.jpg

IMG_20180314_201812.jpg

• Like 3
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)