Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (All pics are fixed)
Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:27 PM
Currently I'm tackling the seat mounts. Whoever put the seats in used a long ass bolt, a piece of tubing and bolted it through the floor. This led to the seat pushing the tubing through the floor and tweaking the floor. I went back to my parts car and cut out the front mounts to use as rear mounts. I again want to thank the person who drilled a million holes and then put the sound mat down, today I started scraping the crap out! I have to also cutout where the racing buckets mounted on the front to make it like it was stock.
Next on the list is the other seat mount and then the stupid raised floor section on the drivers side. back to the parts car....
After this is done.... I have to finish scraping the sound mat, weld all the holes, graft the 240sx shift tunnel section, move the fuel line out of the cockpit and under the car along with the battery cable. also relocate ECU under the dash. Then its time to paint the floor, insulate, new carpet and shift console!!
- moath likes this
Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:24 PM
Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:58 AM
Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:06 PM
Started with this.
Cut this out of a 240sx
And made this.
Looks like the motor is getting pulled to fix the floor, make new exhaust and rewire the whole car!
Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:18 PM
Here's my favorite machine to program at work, she's my baby
I made the MasterCam post processor myself.
This was the first part I made on her...
Lovin the Mori. Must be nice.
Nice work on the dime.
- Flatline likes this
I came here today to chew some bubblegum and kick some ass. Right now I'm all out of bubblegum.
My biggest fear is that when I die, My wife will sell my cars for what she thinks I have in them.
Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:42 PM
I wanted a better solution for the power steering delete problem. I decided I would use the Alternator Belt and make a new pulley instead of the junk yard scavenge/ possible misalignment solution...
I started with some ACETAL for the mock-up, final will be 6061.
Here's my progress, heading to the shop for final fitting before whipping a few out on the CNC Monday morning. This was done on a bridgeport manual lathe.
First I had to machine the inside bore to clear the pump.
Then I created a Model:
Then I finished the OD and Pulley Groove:
I know the water neck will have to be modified, fitting to the motor and pics will follow....
Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:06 PM
1973 2-door 510 build thread
Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:11 PM
The more I work on it the more work I create for myself.....
Here's the mock up. I got the water neck cut for clearance, I'll weld that next week.
Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:43 PM
I didn't like the stock throttle linkage with all the springs and crap, plus I wanted to reroute the cable for cleanliness....
Next is grind off all uneeded bosses, weld up the holes and smooth the manifold. I'm also welding up the PVC tubes underneath the manifold. My plan is to make a plate where the PCV was, run a hose to a catch can and run another hose to a slash tube in the exhaust (like the honda guys...)
Here's part of the original linkage (I'm sure your all aware of what it looks like..)
Here's my new linkage.
I pulled the rod that the return spring hooks to, shortened it, returned the groove and pressed it back in the housing. Now the spring can't come off...
- solo likes this
Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:21 PM
Grind all excess mounting points and material off intake manifold.
Hot tank manifold and weld up egr port and PCV ports.
Weld water neck where clearanced for alternator belt.
Machine a catch can for the PCV and weld a slash pipe in the exhaust to vent.
Contemplate machining a oil filter relocation plate....
Redo the whole Engine harness and relay/fues system.
Cutout the "hump" floor section and weld in new/old floor..
Weld in passenger seat mount.
Finish scraping the sound mat off the floors.
Weld up all holes in the floor.
Weld the new shift boot section from underneath the car and seal/paint
Seal/paint the floor inside the car.
Redo the whole exhaust system (possibly dual 2" with a crossover midway)
Possibly make a new transmission mount to reroute exhaust.
Finish modding gauge cluster to make aftermarket tach match white needle gauge set.
Slot rear crossmember and possibly cut second hole for dual 2" exhaust.
I'm also starting the planning stage for a supercharger. Been the turbo route before and feel like a supercharger would be the better option for my needs....
Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:38 PM
I'm routing my fuel lines differently but thats pretty much it. Thanks for the motivation ;-)
Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:21 PM
Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:48 PM
Well I got the turning done on pulley #1 (for my buddy Elton). I'll turn my pulley tomorrow night, then make the counter bores in the faces on Saturday....