• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts
  • Cars:mad Datsun withdrawls

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

separated at birth?

You shut up.  You're not helping

Not super hard.  You just gotta know the right people.  You now know the right people.  Welcome to Ratsun.

Fresco historia, hermano.

#22 I'm BLUE

I'm BLUE

BLUE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • Cars:s30's

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

congrats mike :D

#23 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

separated at birth?

That's funny. I guess I would be stating the obvious if I said I was better looking than my brother? My 'gangsta mobile'. I can carry two or three extra posse members in back.
Posted Image

#24 fastdadd

fastdadd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Cars:79 620 kingcab,78 b-210

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Congrats

Posted Image

that the most gangster looking canadian I've ever seen :thumbup:

word aye!

Dear Sir, I am interested in trading my left testicle for your vehicle. Negotiation may begin immediately. Thanks. Dr

"i think i will buy one of these jap cars...maybe a datsun" lou redwood

projects
http://community.rat...dadd-79-kc-620/

http://community.rat...ect-fast-sunny/

#25 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

howz about some engine pic's, would like to see the AC unit, ur going to luv that AC when you head down to Canby 2011, now you got a place to sleep instead of on that cold Oregon ground, :sick: BRRRRRRR and I also love the color. :thumbup:

Clock and radio didn't work but haven't looked at fuses or anything actually. Shifter boot is toast.

Posted Image

Did not know the rear seat bottom lifts up and forward to allow the seat back to drop down flat. The 510s do that as well???

Posted Image

L20B with U-67 head, air con. Fuel pump was replaced so I'll cut the lawn this weekend and find a stock one to replace the replacement.

Posted Image

Has full California smog equipment applicable to '76. MMmmmm camber plates!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 INDY510

INDY510

Jerusalem Cruiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,508 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Did not know the rear seat bottom lifts up and forward to allow the seat back to drop down flat.

Hahaha...

I did not know that.......... ... Thanks for the info....... :lol:

#27 Guest_ 510kamikazifreak_*

Guest_ 510kamikazifreak_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Clock and radio didn't work but haven't looked at fuses or anything actually. Shifter boot is toast.

Did not know the rear seat bottom lifts up and forward to allow the seat back to drop down flat. The 510s do that as well???

Yup 510 seats do.

Good bed for Canby Mike(better than under a bumper) :lol:

#28 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

Yup 510 seats do.

Good bed for Canby Mike(better than under a bumper) :lol:

Yeah. Nice and dry at 3 AM when it rains vomit.Who was that anyway???
Posted Image

#29 Guest_ 510kamikazifreak_*

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Yeah. Nice and dry at 3 AM when it rains vomit.Who was that anyway???

For sure! :lol:
Some crazy person from Royston I heard :lol:

#30 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Well yesterday I finally spent some time 'going over' my goon. I put my 620 Bosch headlights and halogen lamps in it. Replaced the 10 with 15 amp fuses. I had a new '76 B-210 in the day and replaced with halogen lamps and the fuse blew going down a dark side road at night. This is only temp measure and I'm not driving it till next summer. By then I expect to have heavier wire and relays. (maybe projector BMWs) The grill had only one screw holding it on so replaced them all. Pass side markers work, driver's side not. The rear one was simply unplugged inside behind the wheel well. The front fender one was rotted inside around the bulb. No prob I thought, I have an amber one from a 2 dr that I stripped. Guess what? They are left and right side.:angry: :lol:. I have an amber right side but it won't fit the driver's side. What I did have is a rear right sedan red one so I swapped the guts and also the plug had to be soldered onto it as well. Fits and works like a hot-damn! So, on a sedan, left to right won't work but using a rear right on a front left will, by changing the rubber and the lens color. Just remember that a rear side marker will fit the opposite side front fender. The goon rear side markers do not match the sedan and are rectangular, like the 620. I will compare them.

Posted Image

The red ones above are right (pass) side rear and driver's side rear and by substituting amber lenses and the rubbers, become front driver's and pass side markers.

The front looks like it's for the right side.

Have checked all fuses and they 'look' fine. Need to get clock working. My sedan didn't work, even had the dash apart twice to get at it. Yet on the way to Canby it did. Vibration? Runs fast though and too much bother removing it to adjust the screw.
Posted Image

#31 HRH

HRH

Sour Dough

• 10,405 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

Sweet 710! First order of business, new rims and fix that rust around the fenders, eh!

#32 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

I have some factory mags in the works for months that were going to go on the sedan but will now go on the goon. Rust? Naw the PO sprayed red primer everywhere... that's what it is. 'struth.
Posted Image

#33 bonvo

bonvo

Dr. Frankenstein

• 10,074 posts
  • Cars:73 datsun 610 77 chevy k5 blazer 04 dodge srt4 87 nissan pulsar

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

so no more sedan love now that you got the goon?

the first rule of Ratsun is you don't talk about Ratsun... no wait thats fight club.....

....the first rule of Ratsun is PICS OR BAN! :fu:

http://community.rat...on-resurection/
http://www.build-thr...1/#comment-5259

http://community.rat...-bought-a-what/

its like pikachu cuz its always his go to, the ol relaiable, looks cute kicks ass on the reg. and the 610 is charizard.... when ya really need to lay down some shit. lol - skib

#34 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

I still love the sedan, no worries. It's now Mrs. datzen's DD so still in the family. A goon I can use to carry parts in...... and I don't have to sleep under the rear bumper at Canby next year. :lol: Instead of fixing the dented doors on the sedan, I may be able to replace them. More on that later.
Posted Image

#35 polski ogorki

polski ogorki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Cars:75-620/71-510/77kc-620

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

#36 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Cars:1973 Datsun 610 Sedan, 2012 Toyota Corolla (parts delivery)

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

Well yesterday I finally spent some time 'going over' my goon. I put my 620 Bosch headlights and halogen lamps in it. Replaced the 10 with 15 amp fuses. I had a new '76 B-210 in the day and replaced with halogen lamps and the fuse blew going down a dark side road at night. This is only temp measure and I'm not driving it till next summer. By then I expect to have heavier wire and relays. (maybe projector BMWs) The grill had only one screw holding it on so replaced them all. Pass side markers work, driver's side not. The rear one was simply unplugged inside behind the wheel well. The front fender one was rotted inside around the bulb. No prob I thought, I have an amber one from a 2 dr that I stripped. Guess what? They are left and right side.:angry: :lol:. I have an amber right side but it won't fit the driver's side. What I did have is a rear right sedan red one so I swapped the guts and also the plug had to be soldered onto it as well. Fits and works like a hot-damn! So, on a sedan, left to right won't work but using a rear right on a front left will, by changing the rubber and the lens color. Just remember that a rear side marker will fit the opposite side front fender. The goon rear side markers do not match the sedan and are rectangular, like the 620. I will compare them.

Posted Image

The red ones above are right (pass) side rear and driver's side rear and by substituting amber lenses and the rubbers, become front driver's and pass side markers.

The front looks like it's for the right side.

Have checked all fuses and they 'look' fine. Need to get clock working. My sedan didn't work, even had the dash apart twice to get at it. Yet on the way to Canby it did. Vibration? Runs fast though and too much bother removing it to adjust the screw.

Way to go on the purchase Mike! Your side marker light dilemna is the same plight 610 owners have, especially us '73 owners. You can gut out either of the opposite sides, but you can't swap if they are both 'front' or both 'rear'. Kinda sucks when you have to get the car's lighting corrected. I'm actually in the process of formulating a plan for these side markers to have upgraded lighting - more to follow on that later.
As for the BMW projectors, I think they are a great upgrade, but, be warned: A LOT of sheetmetal has to be modified for the deeper "low beam" sides to work. Best bet is to grab 4 of the middle "high beam" lights and mod the buckets for them to go in. I don't regret the look on my 610, I regret all of the sheet metal that had to be removed to make it happen. Looking back, the setup with just the "high beam" lights would have cost less headache...
Posted Image

I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money. Now, if I was driving a 1973 610 four-door...
You would not be a self indulgent wiener, sir. You'd be a connoisseur.
Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.
Drive a DATSUN, Then Decide.

My Project
How To: SU Air Cleaners
How To: L4N71B into Early 10 Series
How To: 610 Heater Box Rebuild

#37 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Thanks zerow about the lights. They fit the 710/610 headlight pots? or do you need the BMW ones?

Have just pulled the front tire off the '76 goon and the brakes look slightly different than the earlier '74

'76 goon are somewhat like the 620 and the B-210:
Posted Image

'74 sedan are the angled type:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Guest_ 510kamikazifreak_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Someone put HL struts in it!
Maybe they tried for better braking :o

#39 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,687 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

Someone said they were different. Nissan changed them between the early year and later. It does have camber plates so maybe you're right.
Posted Image

#40 Guest_ 510kamikazifreak_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

I think that they tried to correct the camber issue.was a ole school trick.Not much gained but some was. :unsure:
I had a Canadian Anniversary 710 some(10-12) years ago pretty sure it was a 76-77 :blink: (age yah know)It had the same brakes as the 510s and 610s. :lol: