Japanese Z in MA

fisch

Hey y'all. I know squat about Z's, but I was contacting a guy about another car and asked if he had any other Dattos.

He replied, "And a right hand drive Z brought back from a military stay overseas." But I know nothing else than that. i don't know year or price or make. Don't know condition.

Not sure how rare a RHD Z is in the states? But I thought I'd post it and his contact. It is in Brimfield, MA.

Call Dave at 413-245-3557

And feel free to PM me for his e-mail.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in the car if it was on the west coast... but its not. :D That is a LONG ways away

semi rare... those cars are extremely rare. Less than 1% of the Z's here are RHD. Doesn't mean they are extremely sought after though... only by a few weirdos

Well the guy who has it has a ton of cars. A restorable Hotrod kind of place. When I asked for more info, here is what I got.

"I do not know much about it. A previous employee has stored it here for a few years. He comes around once in a while so i will save this email and let you know more when I know more."

He has alot of cool stuff from the sounds of it so when things here melt I might have to swing by and check it out. I will be sure to get pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont bother, I checked it out today and Its a POS. Its a 280zx 2+2 automatic, 3 strikes right there.But whats worse, is its rotted into the ground. He's also got a 260z with a 350 chevy motor and auto tranny and a beefed up frame. Hes got some interesting cars but theyre all too rough or parts missing to make them worth buying. The one car that caught my eye was a 1965 Ford Capri GT. Never seen one before and it appeared that it was nearly complete.Oh ya, he's also got a Supra with a clean 7MGTe engine.

Dont bother, I checked it out today and Its a POS. Its a 280zx 2+2 automatic, 3 strikes right there.But whats worse, is its rotted into the ground.

Sounds like its worth $100 for the dash and steering assembly. You can use that to convert a 2-seater to RHD

Dont bother, I checked it out today and Its a POS. Its a 280zx 2+2 automatic, 3 strikes right there.But whats worse, is its rotted into the ground. He's also got a 260z with a 350 chevy motor and auto tranny and a beefed up frame. Hes got some interesting cars but theyre all too rough or parts missing to make them worth buying. The one car that caught my eye was a 1965 Ford Capri GT. Never seen one before and it appeared that it was nearly complete.Oh ya, he's also got a Supra with a clean 7MGTe engine.

Thanks for checking that out Roost!

But more importantly, how was that Ford Capri!?

The Ford Capri was actually how I found him to begin with. Did you get a good look at it? How was the rust situation? Those things have a unibody construction from what I've read, so I would be really fearful of the rust, and alot of compound curves with very few replacement options. Hell, in my searching I could only find one other Ford Capri in the USA. And that one was mint!

I LOVE the lines of that car though, and would just love to have it! But being that I don't know how to weld, alot of metal issues would hold me back. So let me know what you thought!

Scott