Bill's 72.5 K/C short bed build

Pacific coast Datsun

Ok a mutual friend of SD620 & myself Bill has decided to also build a K/C short bed on a regular cab frame just like SD620's.

He started the other day & sent me some cell pix. Bill's truck will not be lifted but eventually lowered a few inches. Ill let the pix do the talking.......

kbvqds.jpg

1z5u2ab.jpg

okpt36.jpg

2hf3y29.jpg

288p0dx.jpg

287lxrq.jpg

rk8nir.jpg

2lstqx.jpg

j9aj9i.jpg

2cxvyps.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more pics? :D

Of course!

Went over to see how Bill is progressing & got some new pix.........

10seyza.jpg

2u6danp.jpg

the exhaust had to be dropped & sectioned a bit to clear the bed floor...

2drdgdt.jpg

FIRE !!!

29xfac4.jpg

& this is the cab that will be swapped on...

121ppnr.jpg

Were hoping to swap the cabs on Wednesday.

Really liking this idea, 2wd 0r 4wd. I am curious what is creating the need to move the fuel tank? Do they hit the bottom of the cab? Could a stock tank from a factory KC be used in the stock location. I just dont really like the relocation, it works though.

Correct on the tank dilema. It would contact the bottom of the K/C. I suppose it could be lowered to clear but then it's too close to the ground. Bills is a 2wd & will lowered a few inches.

New pic...borrowing Gregs bed for now.......

312bygo.jpg

When I did my swap in the early 90's, I dont remember having to remove the front bed support to make room for the K/C. Put '78 K/C on '77 frame

How ever for the gas tank. I ended up notching the cab for stock placement of gas tank. My dad then made a fiberglass cover to seal off cab. Worked fine. Having the tank relocated to back, makes more since. Unless going with a fuel cell in bed.

Great work!

Larry

TY Larry. Bill sent me more progress pix today...old cab is off & new K/C is on. New cab has been sanded, primed & painted....

9v8ghg.jpg

5plq1v.jpg

29palow.jpg

2vl9x5c.jpg

2ajrpfl.jpg

14w60pg.jpg

30nc968.jpg

mtkzo3.jpg

dpielt.jpg

& now the reassembly begins. Bill is cleaning & painting most of the parts before they go back on. More pix soon... :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Bill has reworked his leafs to get a slight drop..maybe 2-2 1/2 inches down..........

29lfsep.jpg

& is collecting parts off other vehicles to build a 4 link. These bars came off a Camry..he plans on getting 2 more later...

fxagy.jpg

k02e04.jpg

& a pic from this morning...

2mh7a4m.jpg

Saw this truck at the SWDP 2010 BBQ. The craftsmanship on this conversion is top notch. Any up dates?

Thanks Charlie. Bills next thing is to drop the front. Currently it has a dual shock setup & that mount will be cut off. We plan to raise the shock towers & reindex the torsions. Pix to come stay tuned...