the best swap 4 datsun 510

Hi dudes

I have two prepositions to change my 510¨s engine: I don´t have much money to do a ka24de (240 sx) swap, so a friend offers me two different kinds of engines, the first one is L20B and the other one is a 210 (I´m not sure what car it is). My friend tells me that I don´t need the gear box for the 210, and my doubt is if the 210 is strong enough in order to feel a difference, to feel a change in performance.

Both engines are repaired.

I need advise or suggestions because with the information you guys give me I´ll make my decision.

Thanks guys....

this is my 510

s5030070.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice 510....

NEVER EVER swap a 210 motor in a 510......... it would be alot of work,, , and it has NO horsepower

The L20B basically bolts in, and has way more horsepower than a 210 motor......... you will need to keep the stock 510 L16 oil pan, and oil pick-up tube,,,

because the L20 oil pan doesn't fit a 510

A 240sx KA24DE will be at least $3,000--$5,000 depending on how cheap the parts are,,, and how much welding you can do

• Like 2

Nice 510....

NEVER EVER swap a 210 motor in a 510......... it would be alot of work,, , and it has NO horsepower

The L20B basically bolts in, and has way more horsepower than a 210 motor......... you will need to keep the stock 510 L16 oil pan, and oil pick-up tube,,,

because the L20 oil pan doesn't fit a 510

A 240sx KA24DE will be at least $3,000--$5,000 depending on how cheap the parts are,,, and how much welding you can do

even though his member title says idiot its ok to listen to him

Please don't lesson me

:fu:

the only lessons im giving are to your mom. :lol:

sorry thread off task.

i have a l20b in my 510, i have only got to drive it a hand full of times, and it was just a few laps around my side of town. But its a fun little engine.

L20 hands down. my naps z motor was ALOT of work to put in, and i imagine the 210's motor would be the same(at least the z24 is a torque'r, i doubt the 210 motor is very much of anything). A l20 all you should have to do is swap oilpans and the oil pickup tube...I would say it is a winner.