I need 72 datsun 510 color code

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where is this color code at, I looked and nothing is saying color code on the 68 goon. :blink:

Did you check on the thing? :rofl:

I heard it was on the fender tag, but unno man. it might be on a sticker on the core support, which is usually faded so you can't tell.

The only orange codes I could find are; Orange #918 which has no year model attached to it and

Orange #022 which shows to start at 08/71 and I would call that 1972.

Then there are some others

Safari Brown: 906

Houston Yellow: 910

Green: 911

Light Gold: 938

Olive: 939

White: 018

Yellow: 019

Beige: 020

Black: 505

There are more, I'm just gettin lazy

Did you check on the thing? :rofl:

I heard it was on the fender tag, but unno man. it might be on a sticker on the core support, which is usually faded so you can't tell.

yep, the sticker is faded and can't read it, I'll figure out it's color out another way, maybe go with a newer light green.

My original paint 1972 510 is 918 orange. Production date is 7/71.

New_510_005.jpg

Paint_Code.jpg

New_510_029r.JPG

The paint code is located on a decal on the top of the radiator core support. On the earlier cars, they actually stamped the code into the core support. Here is my 1970 2 door code. It actually had another decal over top of the stamped code and the paint code decal was on the left side of the core support.

Stamped_Paint_Code.JPG

My_Blue_510_9-20-08_001.jpg

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

lil helpful hint.... you can always call the Nissan dealership with the VIN, if it was the original color. PLUS....because there's many times multiple colors with slight differences, you can always call around to paint stores OR direct to PPG or whoever your using and have them cross reference the paint codes (once you've found them). Remember....since these vehicles are older, they were using acrylic enamel or laquer....and many companies try to "recreate" these colors because they didn't make chips, but they aren't close.....so ALWAYS.....ALWAYS......ALWAYS have your paint distributor mix a few ounces ( they CAN, dammit) to see if you've got the right shade. (mos stores can mix as little as 1 oz to several 5 gallon pails)

ps....If your distributor mixes a few ounces (about a touchup bottle or so), keep in mind that this small amount should be used as a guide....some shades use very little tint in a mix and can look a bit off if they mix too little.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I PM's you.

My blue car is 567. Well at least the engine bay was still 567. The car was painted at some point and while the color is close, the exterior is a bit darker then the engine bay.

Your wagon seems more aqua colored but it may just be the lighting.

• 2 weeks later...

my cel camera SUCKS and I dont know how to get better pictures out of it. I buffed part of the fender the other day. I dont see it stamped on anything. Does the stamp go deep enough to see it on the under side?

Is the stamp hidden under any of the stickers?

my cel camera SUCKS and I dont know how to get better pictures out of it. I buffed part of the fender the other day. I dont see it stamped on anything. Does the stamp go deep enough to see it on the under side?

Is the stamp hidden under any of the stickers?

If it is stamped, it is under the sticker to the right on the core support. Mine was under the sticker you show in your photo. I doubt you can feel it from underneath.

Stamped_Paint_Code.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

took these photos yesterday to see if the color shows up a little better via the phone. I tried to get a touch up bottle but no one wants to make one. All the shops I called want to make a pint...

I'm leaning towards 563

COLOR.JPG

BlueWagoncolorsample.jpg

BlueWagoncolorsample2.jpg

BlueWagoncolorsample3.jpg

BlueWagoncolorsample4.jpg

BlueWagoncolorsample5.jpg

Got any more angles of it? I washed the car today and took some photos in the sun and shade. Pulled the mirror off to find an un faded section.

I'm still leaning towards sora blue. Where can I get a 8oz paint sample?

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

wow this is an old thread. but its right up my alley. I have an illegible sticker, but maybe the code is stamped in the rad support. I'll be looking when i get home.

My car is light blue. Its has a build date in 7/69 and has the 69 dash / other touches and titled as a 70.

To my knowledge 563 was a 69 color, and 567 was the 70 color, and they are close. I'm trying to figure it out. My cars been repainted previously but it has always been close to the factory color, I just want to get it right.

also after i figure out what the code is, what do i do with that? If i wanted to paint it myself would an auto paint supplier be able to mix it up based on the color code or would they need more information?

• 2 weeks later...

My goon has had the front clip replaced at some point. That pretty much canceled our any chance of using the stamp, or sticker for the paint code. My car has been repainted too. Not quite the correct shade either. The interior panels & door jams are original though. Olive green/army green. Do any of you know that paint code?

• 3 weeks later...

The above link died.

Go here: http://autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1972-Datsun-pg01.jpg

Scroll down and look at the color chart.  There were 4 orange colors in 72.  Find the one you want and make a note of the PPG number.  Look at page 2 of the color chart, match the numbers up, and it lists the OEM number on the chart.

Any auto paint shop worth a damn should have that color chart, or a similar Dupont, or other manufacturers chart.