anyone have B210 L series swap pics?

Skib

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 610 one would have fit if I had drilled a few new holes. the steering linkidge was also suspect has to go some where back, forward down somewhere, would be bad ass tho we need to find a late model 510, early 80s crossmember. Try it out.

whats more common a10 or 610? i would love the a10 xmember cuz its supposedly the best to use but i spend way too much time thinking about things so i could think up a way to over engineer something to make the 610 xmember work.

supposedly the A10 cross member is a direct bolt-in to the b310, which means it would also be too wide for a b210. but if you are intending on modifying it anyways the a10 is going to probably easier to find then the 610. 610s are loved, late model 510s are thrown away

its a possibility. i think i know somebody who can make me a tubular crossmember. i'll look into that as well. he builds mud bogging trucks and has shortened frames a few feet and done all the work himself. i think it would be awesome to go tubular.

I know where there is a complete a10 with a low mileage L20B and a U67 head.... probably cant get the whole car, but maybe

well they probably arent that uncommon up there. in ga the only datsuns are z's and trucks. they are all over cl. with the occasional early 510.

• 5 years later...

Just throwing it out there for what it's worth.....

I'm putting a LZ23 with dual Mikunis in my 1976 B210...

The PL510 crossmember bolts right in, yes.and the L will bolt directly​ onto that, however the engine sits WAY too far forward. It's about 2" away from core support. There is zero space for a radiator.

• 1 month later...

lz23 swap pics...........................

andALNy.jpg

i737XEr.jpg

mn1aEw3.jpg

XjrrGWu.jpg

RK0qx3x.jpg

0LDiasr.jpg

Z7SmGv7.jpg

SifUQkq.jpg

Wrl9gir.jpg

qN90gge.jpg

pGSJqkk.jpg

pkyqvXu.jpg

7rZQSoq.jpg

GR1TMRs.jpg

• Like 1

pGSJqkk.jpg

You'll plumb the thermostat by-pass when done, right?

i737XEr.jpg

The stock ones are bolted to the rubber top and bottom so there is internal 'give'. I'm guessing a bolt right through the puck so compressible but no stretch. Will pucks be too  firm? Can you choose later to slip stock isolater rubber in there?

I've been puttering away on a 2.3 for years. Any estimate on the power you will make? I'm hoping for about 130 with R-1 carbs. I've tried to be conservative but perhaps this is generous.

I don't think 130 is out of the question... I'd be happy with 110-120 to the wheels.

I work at a hot rod shop and we have a dyno. As soon as I'm done with the B210 it's going right to the dyno. So we will have a definitive answer.