anyone have B210 L series swap pics?

Skib

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, after hearing about how simple it would be to swap an L into the 210, I've been searching for a good L20B and 5speed for some time now! Screw the KA and VG idea I had, I didn't know the L20 would be a direct fit.

Wait, I thought you hated those things because they were ugly?

Edited by metalmonkey47

why is skib the only one not posting in here.....correct me if i am wrong but the a 15 is 85hp the l20 is 100 but doesnt the l20 wiegh like twice that of an a15

Skib is on the insomniac thread :rolleyes: I'm not going to correct you, I think I weigh more than the A15 but not as much as the L20. I'm good for about two hp on a good day maybe less, maybe more. :D ;)

Nah, it's not twice the weight. And even if it was, it's still worth doing as the engine is only a fraction of the total car weight. Power/weight will still increase, with resulting faster acceleration. A14 is 205 pounds, while L18 is 260 lbs. The best one for weight may be QR25DE -- 2.5 liters at only 267 lbs -- less than an L20B. Then your transmission and rear end capable of handling the L20B torque also weighs more. But it's all a net gain for performance, and a net drain for fuel economy.

Yes, go the 210, it's a better handling and smoother riding car than the B210. More roomy too. But doesn't have the style of the B210, so go with what you like.

L-series into B210 or into 210 is much easier than the L-into-Datsun 1200 swap, so keep that in mind if reading the Datsun1200.com article.

Would an L24 from a 73 Z be along the same lines as far as difficulties as the L20? Found one for sale in my area, with tranny, for good price.

No intentions of hijacking the thread, just didn't want to start a different one since it is still considered an L Series swap

• 1 year later...

sorry to bump but its relevant and i didnt want to start a new thread on the same subject. but from what i have read, i just need an l-series car crossmember and tranny mount, tranny, motor (obviously), and since i have an automatic i just use the stock driveshaft? and i just put new holes in the new crossmembers? sounds pretty simple once all the parts are acquired. what transmissions can i use? IIRC the 4WD D21 truck has a stubby 5 speed on the back of a Z24? doesnt that mount up to an l16? or is the flex plate a 6 bolt vs 5 bolt on the l16?