Southeast Texas King Cab

Because once you install it, it's a complete motherfucker to get at. The upper plenum has to come off.. then your hacking at the tubes.. it's a nightmare. It won't cause issues with the dual intake or anything. It's just a preventative thing. JDM VG30DE's didn't even have EGR valves at all. It's not needed and will only end up causing you issues. 

This is not being installed in a Z.. so you might have a little more access, but still it's a bitch. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if it's a true 94 (NA) engine, the injectors will have a slightly rounded connector. The old style had square style injectors. Old style are pintle style injectors and are shit and prone to failure, in fact they fail ALL THE TIME. The theory is that ethanol in today's gasoline kills them. Not sure that's been proven.. The later style 93-96 had pintle-less injectors are are less prone to fail. Not to mean they won't, but they are certainly the more desirable and reliable injector. Nissan seemed to miss the mark on this one. 

• Like 1

This is not being installed in a Z.. so you might have a little more access, but still it's a bitch.

Oh no. The EGR is directly touching the firewall. If it's going to cause a problem, I need to know. It's speak now or forever hold my piece as it is concerned.

I don't think it is. I haven't seen the EGR in a while, but I don't remember a wire running to it for a temp sensor. I was just looking at the FSM thinking that I didn't see that before.

I don't think it is. I haven't seen the EGR in a while, but I don't remember a wire running to it for a temp sensor. I was just looking at the GSM thinking that I didn't see that before.

Wait, is this engine out of a J30?

I see from page 3 that it is. If clearance is an issue with that rear cross tube, the Z version is different.

Also, if it's a true 94 (NA) engine, the injectors will have a slightly rounded connector. The old style had square style injectors. Old style are pintle style injectors and are shit and prone to failure, in fact they fail ALL THE TIME. The theory is that ethanol in today's gasoline kills them. Not sure that's been proven.. The later style 93-96 had pintle-less injectors are are less prone to fail. Not to mean they won't, but they are certainly the more desirable and reliable injector. Nissan seemed to miss the mark on this one. 

These years may vary on the J30. But the round injectors are where it's at either way. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been updating this as much as I should.  I drove down to Houston Z and met with Dane.  He's a great guy.  I hung out at his shop for a few hours waiting for Fed Ex to show up with one of my parts, and while I was there I got a nice intro course on the ins and outs of the VG30. 

I spent enough money on parts that my wife cut me off until some progress is made.

This weekend, I had some friends over and we pulled the cab back off and started the tranny swap.

NCM_0388_zpscpmtiavk.jpg

I've got more pics, I'll have to go through and put together a proper update when I have some more time. 

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...

NCM_0477_zpsno7wbsar.jpg

Have I mentioned I hate wires?

Got the 5 speed swapped in.

Got the parts for the dual intake setup.

Figured out the engine harness(kinda easy, but a win is a win)

Figured out the exhaust. Mostly set up. Not installed.

Gauges and controls are kicking my ass!

I hate wiring.

• Like 3
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Skib speaks the truth.  I've got to sell the Plymouth to pay for future Datsun projects. Meanwhile, I was working out of town and bought an Infiniti that is another money pit.

So, what is the Skib up to? Coming to Texas? Little birds be talking!

• Like 1

...if this happens, I'd be willing to let a project go to Skib in exchange for some labor. If not, I hear Skib might be into another Z project. Maybe no need for labor swap. I'd happily work on Skib z for likes!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rhapakatui said:

Unfortunately, Skib speaks the truth.  I've got to sell the Plymouth to pay for future Datsun projects. Meanwhile, I was working out of town and bought an Infiniti that is another money pit.

So, what is the Skib up to? Coming to Texas? Little birds be talking!

lol I had assumed and also verified 🤣 I sent him the screen cap of this for you.

I have been perusing some markets lol

I knew that Infinity was off to a good start when you took it threw the car wash lololol

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Skib said:

lol I had assumed and also verified 🤣 I sent him the screen cap of this for you.

I have been perusing some markets lol

I knew that Infinity was off to a good start when you took it threw the car wash lololol

1. I'm sure he was amused.

B. LPT: don't use sheet metal screws to hold on plastic parts! 

It now has ~15 zip ties holding up the rear bumper cover.

• Like 1
On 12/18/2020 at 7:26 AM, ]2eDeYe said:

What the hell is going on in here? 😄

Shenanigans.

22 hours ago, Rhapakatui said:

1. I'm sure he was amused.

B. LPT: don't use sheet metal screws to hold on plastic parts! 

It now has ~15 zip ties holding up the rear bumper cover.

Lolololol

• Haha 1