280zx2by2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you $650 when you drop it off in California.......... :lol:

Wasn't that car listed for $1500?

Ha its on the east coast and according to the PO been in Valdosta GA (my res Yo!) for most of its life.

But it was listed for 500, showed up in a datsun and I think he gave me a friendly discount. :)

Took these real quick. Its going to be a project, but nothing too bad. Good bit of electrical work.

First the problems...

DSCN2524.jpg

How did I miss this...

DSCN2532.jpg

DSCN2528.jpg

Check out my hellaswagger stance.

DSCN2512.jpg

Now the better.

DSCN2510.jpg

DSCN2531.jpg

DSCN2530.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg

The best will come tomorrow if I can get some pics of the dam near perfect floor pans/rails.

This is from the guy in AL? I didn't thinkg it had an engine in it. Good deal, i wanted to get it forever, but i reached my car quota 2 years ago according to the wife! Good buy.

No this was a local car in South GA, has parking stickers and registration from 96 so its been here for a while. Aparently there was a lot of talk about the car from AL haha.

I has questions!!!!

That (sway bar?) bolts where it looks like it bolts right? Was there anything else attached or was that it? A ball joint possibly?

DSCN2539.jpg

And is this salvageable or is the perch fubar?

DSCN2540.jpg

nice score man, i'll be listing a pie of 710 in a day or 2 in the for sale section if you need anything.

Ill check it out and give it a bump or two, thanks!

Update... IT RUNS!!! Took some messing with the op's jerry rigged ignition switch but its alive! Doesn't idle but I don't know how in the hell to work on a carb soooo yeah. No adjusting the idle until I do some reading.

PS: whats the manufacture and name of the carb on the 710 L20b's? plezzzz!

PS: whats the manufacture and name of the carb on the 710 L20b's? plezzzz!

Hitachi, and it will start with DCH. The '73 610 had a DCH340, so I figure this will be close. IIRC, DCH340 is the model, and the Hitachi Company simply put a dash and a couple of numbers after the 340, for each subsequent "improvement". Good Luck with the hunt!

Hitachi, and it will start with DCH. The '73 610 had a DCH340, so I figure this will be close. IIRC, DCH340 is the model, and the Hitachi Company sipmly put a dash and a couple of numbers after the 340, for each subsequent "improvement". Good Luck with the hunt!

Thanks for the info! And this is the first 710 I have seen in my life let alone the local junk yards so it will be a hunt of the scavenging variety.

Way cool progress! I lol'd when I saw the airbag! Sounds so throaty!

Slap a weber 32/36 and adapter (or proper manifold) on there and be done with it!

Ha how about a Yamaha R1 set up? A guy is tempting me with that and a supposed adapter flange.

And thanks! Btw I have loved your art work since I joined here!