wanted disc brake brackets

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you think everything in life should come for free?

http://datsunminitruckin.com/disc-brake-conersion_topic532.html

This douche wants to copy my and several other peoples hard work and research so he can save a few bucks. I may not have a patent homo, but I do have a copyright on the design, and am in talks with my lawyer right now on how I can protect myself in this situation. I hate to have to lawyer up on something like this, but this is my livelyhood, and you're cheating a lot of other guys that have paid the price for these.

you will regret this move man.

• Like 1

actually your right i was planning on making them out of nasa approved gold plated nickel carbide carbon fiber resin and then i was gonna ebay them and try and make about 50 bucks maybe a few million or even billion, hell i was even gonna make my own tv commercial, god damnt you guys busted me !!!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

good luck on the lawyer thing, because even if your design is changed in one simple way such as type of material then theoretically your design wont be copied, if you read down in the thread you will see where it says NO ONES DESIGN WILL BE COPIED AND WE WILL NOT TRY TO HURT ANY OF YOUR PROFIT. or "livelyhood" as you call it, and since its your livelyhood then basically you just told everybody how much you ripped them off if your making that much money off of them. quit your crying and get over it. if you designed the calipers, hoses, pads and rotors then maybe you would have something, like i said dont worry i'm not gonna ruin your livelyhood, i wouldnt want you to starve now would i?

• Like 1

http://www.howstuffworks.com/patent.htm

nobody "owns" a patent to a general "brake caliper bracket" and specifically not on one like this, were not in the game to become a fortune 500 company here guys,we are just trying to make a good thing available to us at a reasonable cost without having a tyrant or a monopoly keep us from making our own version. this can be exemplified by almost any and all products such as tennis shoes, cars, hell breakfast cereal even. we WILL NOT COPY ANYONES DESIGN. That i promise but we WILL use their idea and improve upon it to our benefeit, limited to our personal non-financial benefeit and not in a way that will hurt the original inventors profit. there isnt a huge market for these things guys but there is enough market for us to be able to choose who and where we get our product at a price that is at a reasonable level. its simple business and laws of supply and demand.

• Like 1

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23819-datsun-tailgate-letters-decals/page__p__338436__fromsearch__1#entry338436

no different than this shit!!!

http://www.datsunminitruckin.com/620-tailgate-datsun-decals_topic49.html

rusty had his shit moths before this cocksucker so you guys can shove it, you wanna cry about your brackets when at the same time rustys shit was copied EXACTLY and not me not him nobody said shit because we are aware that this is still a free country and that if there is a market then people will sell shit in it. grow up, and go get a patent!!!

NO ONES DESIGN WILL BE COPIED AND WE WILL NOT TRY TO HURT ANY OF YOUR PROFIT.

Then why do you need a set of brackets?

we WILL NOT COPY ANYONES DESIGN. That i promise but we WILL use their idea and improve upon it to our benefeit.

So you not going to 'copy' it, but 'copy and improve'?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23819-datsun-tailgate-letters-decals/page__p__338436__fromsearch__1#entry338436

no different than this shit!!!

http://www.datsunminitruckin.com/620-tailgate-datsun-decals_topic49.html

rusty had his shit moths before this cocksucker so you guys can shove it, you wanna cry about your brackets when at the same time rustys shit was copied EXACTLY and not me not him nobody said shit because we are aware that this is still a free country and that if there is a market then people will sell shit in it. grow up, and go get a patent!!!

Comparing a custom fabbed bracket to some vinyl stickers that are the same as the stock ones is retarded...any sticker guy can copy the stock ones, I know, I have as have many others over the years. Although, I'm sure if Nissan wanted to use the Datsun name again they might sue the shit out of anyone producing them for sale. :rolleyes:

BTW, no one is bagging on you for wanting to make your own brackets...they are bagging on you because you want someone else to give you brackets to copy. If you want to do that, buy a set at full price and stop bitchin that they are sooo expensive. Fawk the rotors, loaded calipers and lines will run you more than the brackets on ebay.

So, go buy some rotors and calipers and make your own damn brackets. It's not that hard to measure stuff(obviously it must be for you because you need someone elses design to 'make your own improved version').

...and if you think all there is to the brackets is a hunk of $20 metal go buy a $20 peice of metal and bolt it up to your truck. :lol:

Wow this was a fun read.

My .02, I bought some of Pope's brackets and are happy with them. Could I have done the brackets myself? Yeah, but $150 seemed so much cheaper than duplicating his effort.

There's been another guy on here selling a limited run of CNC'd aluminum versions of the caliper brackets, but they are a totally different design (BEE's are cut from plate and jig assembled/welded).

I believe the two ventures were totally independent and therefore non-plagerizing of the other.

My opinion is that's the way someone should go, if you want to design, manufacture, and sell something, do it with your own design without copying any aspect of someone elses work. If you think their product is too expensive and you need it, I think it would be okay to copy it and make it just for your own truck if money is an issue but your time is not. But don't mass produce your copy [or modified copy] and sell it.

Getting a pattern and jig (or a CAD/CNC layout) to work right in repeated production is an investment in time and effort. If people are constantly ripped of their efforts, then no one would ever want to do it and we as a community would suffer in the long run.

Also, you will find that if you are making something so cheap for the masses that you undercut everyone else's prices, you will quickly find yourself making it for practically very little net profit (and get tired of doing so), that or the quality will slip. I feel $150 is perfectly reasonable for something like these brackets. Also keep in mind the numbers you are talking here, how many can you sell? Maybe 1 or 2 sets a month? It's not like every 620 ever made with front drums is being converted. Then you have the occasional returns because something is not right (it WILL happen!), you have to eat those. Not worth it in my book if you are not making [charging] at least $100+ a set.

i do understand everybodys opinion and their side to the argument, i wouldnt want the same thing to happen to me either. dont worry beebani or anybody else making brackets, im not gonna copy your stuff and undercut you, although i cant say i wont build some type of bracket and sell it to those wanting some, i also cannot promise they wont be cheaper than yours as im sure they probably will be. so no hard feelings eh???

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.