Difference in Z Cars

Big Pip

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "regular Z car". They changed several times over the years. An '83 ZX is a second-generation Z. 1st Gen was '70-78 (S30 chassis, 240Z from 70-73, 260Z in '74, 280Z from 75-78), second generation was '79-83 (S31 chassis, all were 280ZX), 3rd Generation was '84-89 (Z31, 300ZX).

So, all 1983 "Z" cars are 280ZXs. There were variants, such as the 2+2 and the ZX Turbo, but you didn't say if this was any of those.

:D

1970-78 is S30

1979-83 is S130

there is no S31... you're thinking of the Z31.

2003-2008 is the Z33! That's a regular Z-car :)

The 280ZX vs the 280Z is just a different look mostly.

The 280ZX is wider, longer, more areodynamic, has t-tops, ect.

A 1983 will most likely have all options on it. Power steering, windows, locks, mirrors, voice warning system, better electrical system. Still has the same engine and transmission though. 2.8L inline six with fuel injection.

The 280ZX is wider, longer, more areodynamic, has t-tops, ect.

A 1983 will most likely have all options on it. Power steering, windows, locks, mirrors, voice warning system, better electrical system. Still has the same engine and transmission though. 2.8L inline six with fuel injection.

I still miss arguing with my 83 over wether it was a door or a jar.:rolleyes:

she had a nice voice though.:blink:

Nope. I had an 83 280 zx. white, t-tops, red interior, full power, VERY nice factory stereo. The Works. one thing I remember was that I took it to the Dealer to have the door switch fixed because she kept telling me "The Door Is A Jar" and my friend who rode with me thought it was hilarious.

I did have an 86 300zx also, but she didn't talk, she was just "dingy"

original design- "hey lets put in a voice box to tell you when the door is open, let it say the door is ajar"

a few months later- "These dumbfucks don't know what ajar means and won't stop complaining or yelling at their cars. Let's make it easy on them, and while were at it, let it specify WHICH door is open"