68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

Well I notice how everyone is doing a new "shell" so I've decided to jump on the band wagon :D I feel that I have way to many cars, I need to consolidate down to 2 or so. I just want my 620 (parts hauler) and my 68 2 door. I'm not going to get rid of my 59 its going into storage. So I guess 3. I originally bought the 4 door as a parts car and got a little carried away haha I have started pulling parts off my 4 door and fitting them on my 68, it has a some rust. I will need to do some welding and a little fab work (my fav). So far I adjusted the doors and started cutting the front to fit the IC behind the grill this time. I have one pic :D I don't plan on making it a show car or anything, just bring it back to life.

68frontview.jpg

I basically cut off the rad support, I'm going to rebuild it about 2 inchs farther back so I can fit the IC in front of it. This will keep it behind the grill and valence. fewww I think thats good for now.

I hope I am not pissing to many people off with my giant whole in the front of such a rare car :D The 68 2 doors don't really exist. They where a show room model only. This is only what I have read, Since I wasn't alive then this may not be accurate. I have only seen about 4 ever. Now I'm gone. :D

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear the SR 4-door is setting... are you looking to sell it? ;)

I think you should cut that car up real good. I'm gonna make my Fairlady Z a convertible. :D hehe...

I think the intercooler behind the grill is a good idea. I approve the trimming of the front end of that car.

I also approve of you consolidating to just a few cars. I'm trimming down my own collection.

I'm giving the banzi 4 door to ka-510 he will get it back on the road. I've had over 5 cars for years, I just want 2 driver. That way I can put more energy in them, 5 just spreads my money to thin. I should have it ready for Canby :D

thats going to be sweet!

Yeah I want it on the road bad, I've owned this car the longest and never driven it. I got it from Jovial cynic, in trade for a 521. How long ago was that Josh?

I went to look at it when it was on Craigslist...

I won't say what he was asking for it but I still have the emails...

need a good laugh every once in a while...

when I find the pics my son took I'll post one of the "good" ones up for ya!

How long ago was it forsale? Tana's friend origanally bought it off ebay from some dude in Cle Ellum I saw it at his house when Tom was looking at a 68 wagon he had for sale. He was selling the 68 for 2 grand! At that time it had a L 16 with dual side drafts. So it was more of a runner. Then Josh bought it from the dude, and you know the rest.

How long ago was it forsale? Tana's friend origanally bought it off ebay from some dude in Cle Ellum I saw it at his house when Tom was looking at a 68 wagon he had for sale. He was selling the 68 for 2 grand! At that time it had a L 16 with dual side drafts. So it was more of a runner. Then Josh bought it from the dude, and you know the rest.

Yeah, I remember that; it was a while ago. Did I have that blue 2-door at the time? I don't recall if I actually wanted the car, or if I was just interested in parts off it. I did like the '68 fenders.

Yeah, I remember that; it was a while ago. Did I have that blue 2-door at the time? I don't recall if I actually wanted the car, or if I was just interested in parts off it. I did like the '68 fenders.

I Think you did, I think you wanted the wagon to drive while we restored both our cars haha dam.... We gave it our best though :D I think the wagon ended up being a little more of a project than you wanted.

Close, its Rust Doctor, I was trying out my Gphoto thingy, I got it linked to my iphoto, I uploaded 6 pics at once, Mac's are sick! I'm not much of a computer head, so it takes me a bit to get stuff figured out. With Tom's help I got it posted. So I spent all day stripping the paint, then you have to rinse it with water. I figured I'd apply some rust doctor just to keep it from rusting anymore. I got to finish mounting my IC and rebuilding the core support then I can paint the engine bay. Since I'm just transferring the pieces from my 4 door it shouldn't be to slow, but then again I am redoing some stuff and adding megasquirt so it could be a bit.

Can you give a link or something for the image upload stuff? I'm interested!

You are using the MS with the SR20 instead of the truck?

Do you have a Gmail account? Thats what I am uploading the photo's to but I can do it using iphoto, it's nice.

Yeah I may buy another Megasquirt for my truck but I really want to get my 68 on the road, and kinda cut down on cars, so I am going to put all my efforts towards the 510. If I do the megasquirt on my car I can sell the sr ecu and the safc2 and make most my money back :D That money will come in handy for a s15 or disco potato turbo and some 550cc injectors :D :D So now I'm looking for a 69/68 dash.