Lowering a B210

1eightySX

So once again, if I can get this thing going. I would consider dropping it. I would assume that I would use the lowering blocks for the rear but I was wondering how low can one go?

Second, I think I read that I would use the typical coilover setup for the front if I am not mistaken?

Are there other options?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So once again, if I can get this thing going. I would consider dropping it. I would assume that I would use the lowering blocks for the rear but I was wondering how low can one go?

Second, I think I read that I would use the typical coilover setup for the front if I am not mistaken?

Are there other options?

there are two ways you can go about it. the cheap way and the correct expensive way. i'm right in the middle of doing this to my b210. (the expensive way)

the cheap way is to just start cutting coils in the front until you reach your desired level of lowness. in the rear, flip the third leaf spring from the bottom of the pack and put it on the top of the leaf spring pack. bam, you just got some major slamage. the downside to doing it this way is that the ride quality is going to be shitty.

here's to correct way to do it. for the front, buy some ground control coil overs and if you want to upgrade to better brakes you might as well do the 280zx swap. aside from bigger brakes, the wheels tuck in a little. for the rear, forget trying to find blocks. to date i have not found a company in the US that makes a kit for our cars. there are however some companies in australia that make block kits. but by the time you have invested in blocks and shipping from australia, you are already about 100 bucks in. for about 120 bucks, you can take your current leaf springs to a leaf spring shop and have them re arch your leaf springs. just go in there and tell them you want to lower the rear of you car. and they will ask you how much. this is where having adjustable coil overs comes in handy. no matter how accurate you tell them to re arch your springs, they will always be a little more or a little less than what you want, so you just adjust the fronts to match the back. to finish the rear, get some 84 to 91 camaro rear kyb shocks, they bolt in but a about 1.5 inches lower. i'm currently waiting to do some research before i put down the cash to buy my coil overs. i'm not sure about what spring rate i want.

Cool, for now ride quality is not an issue. :D

I want to get the car to a place that is visibility good in my books. If I like the car then I would start putting real money into it. But like I said first things first, car running. Then fix what I can on the body while trying to figure out the stance.

you still not find a carb?

also on subject, another way to lower the back end is to keep an extra a14 long block in the trunk, which is what i do. it looks like its taking off into space

Got a carb just watting for it to come in. Which is fine as the 180 needs some things.

This is kinda a goofy question, but i've had some trouble. I have been looking for a leaf spring shop in my area, but how should i search for one? typing "leaf spring shop" has not been working! Along with anything else i came up with. Best i can figure is a big rig type shop? I figure they do alot of leaf stuff. Thanks for the help!

hey charlie, look in the phone book under springs, spring. also, call some of the local 4x4 shops in the area and ask them if they know of a place where they work over leaf springs or de arch springs. if that doesn't work, call some of the big rig (18 wheelers) shops in the area and ask them the same things. last but not least, if you see some hot rodder car guys around, specially the old school kind, start asking them.

• Like 1

Just setup an 81 210 rear suspension on the back and you'll solve the leaf issue. They use a 4link rear with coils.

As soon as I start driving my car, it's getting slammed like no 210 you've ever seen before.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Like 1