78 620 KING!

durtyzouth

what's up everyone, my names johnie. im a long time lurker and well, i finally got around to getting me a datsun. i had to have a kc not only for the looks but im 6'4 too so i need all the extra space i can get for leg room. i picked her for $600, she runs but the guy that sold her to me took the msd off so i gotta buy that. its got a little done to it like headers, changed the distributor to one without the points, and a 5-speed. DSC02293-1.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

its got its dings but overall it ain't bad. i had started cleaning out the inside cause the carpet was justpoop.gif anyways i got it up and found out the passenger floorboard is rotten to the core.

DSC02299.jpg

it looks like he had tried to fix it but didn't get rid of all the rust so it came back with a vengeance. it needs new weatherstripping and window seals. but i can't wait to slam it and throw some paint on it. maybe even get the bre style front dam or atleast a front bumper. but i've only just started so l don't wanna get to far ahead of myself. biggrin.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's up everyone, my names johnie. im a long time lurker and well, i finally got around to getting me a datsun. i had to have a kc not only for the looks but im 6'4 too so i need all the extra space i can get for leg room. i picked her for $600, she runs but the guy that sold her to me took the msd off so i gotta buy that. its got a little done to it like headers, changed the distributor to one without the points, and a 5-speed. DSC02293-1.jpg

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

its got its dings but overall it ain't bad. i had started cleaning out the inside cause the carpet was justpoop.gif anyways i got it up and found out the passenger floorboard is rotten to the core.

DSC02299.jpg

it looks like he had tried to fix it but didn't get rid of all the rust so it came back with a vengeance. it needs new weatherstripping and window seals. but i can't wait to slam it and throw some paint on it. maybe even get the bre front dam from pacific coast. but i've only just started so l don't wanna get to far ahead of myself. biggrin.gif

Welcome!

Lol @ your rust issues, someone on here should have a floor pan for you or just make your own. not to hard.

welcome, and this is the place to be, if you need info, search first then ask questions, but every one here is great, you will find a world of info here, and a lot of great peeps,ck out the parts for sale sections and you will not be disappointed, again welcome, if you need any help locating parts or accessories get in touch with me, right now i have king kab 1/4 window seals being made, let me know if you need any, shoot me a pm...tom

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I saw that truck around. Funny thing...

I think he passed me by after my wheel fell off and I was left stranded one night. lol

Anyways, good to see more east coast interest. I was watching that on CL and I was hoping it would go to a good home. Glad you brought her here.

PM me if you ever need a hand!