Jeff's 71 4-door dime

Well I bought this a while back from rbshaggs up in port angeles. said I would post a build thread so here it goes. she's a 1971 4 door with a L18 and a 5-speed. it has a welded in roll bar and a trunk mount battery. it was pretty gutted in the interior when i got it so i'm slowly adding interior parts as i find them. hoping to make it into a reliable driver for now and later plans are for a KA24de... someday. it had su's but i couldn't figue them out so i swapped on a weber and an offy manifod, just last week I lowered the front end about a inch and a half, added a strut bar and big sway bar and the rear bumper from a donor car i just picked up. here is what it looked like when i brought it home: sddisk1051.jpg this is current. picked up the wheels off craigslist from a guy who had them on his 94 accord!!! :blink: SDC14439.jpgSDC14444.jpgSDC14440.jpgSDC14442.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Why are we not seeing more pics of this car? :huh: Can I see more pics of this car? :rolleyes: I really like the looks of this car :cool: You should cruise out to PortOrchard so I can check out your car. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I gave the dime a little facelift. yellow fogs, a front bumper and a door mirror from a 65 mustang.SDC14648.jpgSDC14649.jpg I also cleaned up the steering column with a better ignition switch (the key stays in and only 1 key works!), better column surround, and painted the switch bezel. I made a vintage billiards ball shift knob too, it fits your hand perfect. I think i'm going to make some more if anyone is interested. SDC14647.jpg Soon to come: front coilovers and moar lower!!!

Like the shift knob how much would it cost to get me one of those. And what are those seats out of, or are they just aftermarket seats?

Probably $25 for one of the billiard ball knobs. I have a 4,5,7,and a 13 in my stash. the seat is one of those cheap racing seats you get from summit or jegs.

• 4 weeks later...

Been workin on the dime. Finished assembling the front coilovers. The T3 camber plates that I got didn't fit the rabbit strut inserts, but a quick e-mail to Gabe and they has a set of spacers in the mail for me. the 280zx struts brought the track width in about 3/4" in on each side, just enough to tuck the tires! The ride is so much better too with the RCA's and the tokico illuminas. Also got my fog light wired in with a relay and a toggle in the hole for the map light switch.SDC14698.jpgSDC14712.jpgSDC14713-1.jpg

Been workin on the dime. Finished assembling the front coilovers. The T3 camber plates that I got didn't fit the rabbit strut inserts, but a quick e-mail to Gabe and they has a set of spacers in the mail for me. the 280zx struts brought the track width in about 3/4" in on each side, just enough to tuck the tires! The ride is so much better too with the RCA's and the tokico illuminas. Also got my fog light wired in with a relay and a toggle in the hole for the map light switch.SDC14698.jpgSDC14712.jpgSDC14713-1.jpg

where did you get the yellow fogs?:cool: i want!!!!

Thanks guys. The yellow fogs are wagner. $13.65 each on rockauto.com, part number 4412a, and don't worry Hainz, I have a carport in the works for this summer. I would love some rotas, but i think after I sand and polish the rims and paint the centers a gunmetal color they'll look pretty good.

• 3 months later...

Well, no VG30 swap yet, just some little updates: Added euro front turn signals.SDC14843.jpg Made a radiator puke tank out of a vintage 7-up bottle. not finished, i'm going to run the overflow line in copper. SDC14844.jpg hooked up some auto meter gauges, and a junkyard stereo. SDC14845.jpg back seatbelts so i can drag my kid around.SDC14846.jpg and replaced some melted wires in the engine bay and re-wrapped part of the harness and pulled about 40 feet of unused wire from the car.:blink:

I just put some suntune gauges in mine and they SUCK ..are your Auto meter gauges electric ?

If yes how much?

No, they are 2 5/8" mechanical sport-comps and I got them all used off craigslist and e-bay. they sell electric ones that look the same tho. I had them in my first dime and they are very reliable and match the stock gauges pretty well.