Granade Shift knobs

I have Finally gotten those shifters i have been talking about to work right, so now i can start selling them, i have three diffrent styles of granades for shifters These will work on the 4 and 5 speed trans missions in the vehicles with l series engines. they are $20 plus shiping and if you are near the portland oregon area you can pick them up from me. If you have another kind of trans you want a shift knob made for pm me.

IMG_5067.jpg

this pic does not show the adapter i put into the bottom i am going to get some better shots of all three styles tomarrow night.

Alos these are real granades that have been difuesed they will not explode!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, these are illegal in California.

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12020.php

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:

any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade

( b ) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:

(15) Any plastic toy handgrenade, or any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade that is a relic, curio, memorabilia, or display item, that is filled with a permanent inert substance or that is otherwise permanently altered in a manner that prevents ready modification for use as a grenade.

• Like 1

You are absolutely correct that the section quoted would seem to exclude obviously inert items. However, in practice they are still treated as illegal items. I haven't seen one in a surplus shop in a very long time.

I have talked to the post office and they said its fine to ship. As far as california I guess you guys are out. Sorry.I am thinking about doing powder coating if I can get enough people wanting the same color to have a batch done, I can't get the pics until tomarrow night sorry

If you can get me what size the threads are I can probil figure it out. if I sell enough I will powder coat a few olive drab the millitary green

The shifters don't have a hole in the bottom they have the adapter I made for the shifter to screw into.and I will be naking these for as long as people want them. Also if anyone wante a granade without the adapter I can sell them for 12

Alright folks from my understanding of the law; HOWEVER I am not an attorney nor can I give legal advice. I will say working in criminal defense based on the laws cited for California the catch phrase is in section (B )(15) "display item, that is filled with a permanent intert substance or that is otherwise permanently altered in a manner that prevent ready modification for use as a grenade"

IF I were ever cited on this (it would be one lame ass cop) and I would argue that it filled with HOT GLUE which meets the threshold of a "permanent inert substance" I don't know what these things weigh empty but it might add a little weight which isn't a bad thing. Unless the law specifically states what the inert substance must be it seem open for interpretation!!!

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:

any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade

( b ) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:

(15) Any plastic toy handgrenade, or any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade that is a relic, curio, memorabilia, or display item, that is filled with a permanent inert substance or that is otherwise permanently altered in a manner that prevents ready modification for use as a grenade.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.