620 Old Skool Gallery

BEEBANI

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys...here are my contributions to "Ol Skool"...this is the original "Ol Yeller" photos were all taken in 76 and 77 (the 76 photo shows the Harbor Datsun Lic Plate frame...This was the day after I bought it..as you can see, i have already been to "Parnelli Jones Firestone" in Carson Calif and got me some "wide oval 60" tires and white wagon wheels.................... then as you can see the transformation to the Camper Shell, lowered front end, and the air dam.....................I put 100K on that truck in less than 3 years...what a great truck..course that is why my current truck is named Ol Yeller...(sorry guys that story gets old huh?)

olyeller76Datsunpu.jpg

ChinoYeller-2.jpg

LakeIsabella77.jpg

30Years0016.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Spotted this Baker City (Oregon) dealership affix on a bleached yellow 620 in Island City, OR

3838164285_8de482f394_o.jpg

Nothing turns up in a search for Ferguson Motors. A number of era Datsuns from around these parts boast license plate frames from Performance Datsun out of Portland.

• 2 months later...

I wish i had pics of my Buddy Adam's Old Datsun show truck....Maybe some of you guys might remember it and someone might have pics of it. It was a Canary Yellow Chopped 620 fully shaved smooth with a sealed tailgate and Custom paint job with Pinks, Purple, & Light Blue graphics with air brushed ribbons all around the truck. It rolled on 12 hole centerline wheels with low profile tires. It also had suicide doors and a matching padded tonneau cover over the bed with a Super Nintendo and TV in the bed. The Truck was nicknamed "Abacab" Does anybody have pics of this truck or remember it?

• Like 1

Ha I remember that truck,,,Adam Renteria's truck, I fell in love with that truck the first time I saw it...I have several pics of it from truck shows. I just dont have a scanner to post them...Do you still have contact with Adam, and if so do you know if he still have the truck. That truck stood the test of time.. I have seen pics of that truck over the decades in several truck magazines....I will try to get pics of it...But I bet Steroid probly has several, I will drop him a PM....

Edited by 1lo620
Ha I remember that truck,,,Adam Renteria's truck, I fell in love with that truck the first time I saw it...I have several pics of it from truck shows. I just dont have a scanner to post them...Do you still have contact with Adam, and if so do you know if he still have the truck. That truck stood the test of time.. I have seen pics of that truck over the decades in several truck magazines....I will try to get pics of it...But I bet Steroid probly has several, I will drop him a PM....

Yeah i still see Adam but he moved so i only see him like 2-3 times a year at certain shows. I don't think he has the truck anymore, He's racing Fords (Galaxies and Falcons) now...He's got a sweet Black 62? with all red interior....Very nice!! Yeah man if you could get me some pics of the truck i would appreciate it. I'll have to ask him for some Old Shots of it next time i see him so i can post them up...Or better yet, I'll ask him to Log On here and post a bunch up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found some old pictures of my 1st car (truck)!! :D Thought some might enjoy seeing them.

Back in the day, when I was just a kid out of high school I bought a BRAND NEW 1979 620. From Smith Mesa Datsun here in Mesa AZ. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it bone stock because I started to modify it within a couple weeks of getting it. Eventually I got it all done and showed it many times, including the "World Of Wheels" shows.

I remember seeing all the "Cal" style trucks in the magazines and that is what influenced me. I loved that look. Someday I will have another "old school" 620!

Here are the earliest pictures I can find of it. I already had the wheels on the rear and flares on the rear. At the time I could not afford all the wheels and tires at one time, so I did the rears then the fronts.

I hope you enjoy the picts...............Dale - AZ_L320

1979Datsun-s6.jpg

1979Datsun-s7.jpg

Here are a couple more at its next stage as I progressed on the truck.

Now the front wheels are on as well as the flares bolted on.

1979Datsun-s8.jpg

1979Datsun-s9.jpg

This is at time when the hood was off (out getting louvered). I see I had some of the chroming under the hood done. Also started "molding" in the flares on the rear! I also changed the grill to square headlights. (now I don't like the square lights, but back then we had to change things and didn't want stock..ha..ha..)

1979Datsun-s1.jpg

Ok, here are the last pictures of my old 620. I cant remember which show these were taken at but I think its at the PHX show. We removed all the side marker lights, welded the bed seams, removed the "DATSUN" from the tailgate, molded in all the flares. It was silver fading to Candy blue in the rear. Looked better in person!

I wonder what ever happened to this truck?? I sold it in the early eightys.

Dale - L320

1979Datsun-s3.jpg

To bad you cant see all the chroming under the hood or under the truck.

1979Datsun-sA.jpg

Notice the glass etching on the windows, ha...ha... :) & Spinners on the wheels.

1979Datsun-sB.jpg

Looked like "Crushed Velvet" was in then. Also, check out the rear window louver!

1979Datsun-sC.jpg

Awesome 620 Dale !! I love that look too. The 5 piece wrap kits were a must back then too. I bet Steroid may know a little history on your old 620. Bring these pics with you to the PHX swap on the 23rd [if your going] & show him. TY for sharing :D

Anyone know anything about the truck in the second picture, the blue king cab 620 with the pink squiggles? There's was one that used to cruise around here in Phoenix AZ back in around 91-92 that looked exactly the same. Wondering if it's the same truck.

Awesome 620 Dale !! I love that look too. The 5 piece wrap kits were a must back then too. I bet Steroid may know a little history on your old 620. Bring these pics with you to the PHX swap on the 23rd [if your going] & show him. TY for sharing :D

Thanks PCD,

Yea, I plan on going to the swap meet here that Saturday. See ya there.

Dale - L320

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...