620 Old Skool Gallery

BEEBANI

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike, nice pics, could you move some of the more modern jap trucks into the custom gallery? I was trying to keep this one primarily for the older looking styles.

I plan on putting up 2 more galleries for 620's for trucks that are more stock looking and one for 4wd 620's.

Bear with me, it takes a while!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Very nice stuff guys!

I'm a newbie here and an old timer from the old mini truck club days.

I came in late to this all but I do see a few of the above trucks that I remember from the old Mini Truck Rallys.

The Varmint was a rergular out here at the SoCal weekend events!

One of my FAVs!

Ill have to dig out my old 72 620 pics.

It was a walk thru with the camper shell, metallic dark blue , visor, etc etc and a 283 SBC with a TH350 automatic!

:D

Welcome, to Ratsun....So is your Avatar just a play with words or do you own a Luv w/a V8...And just to let you know since you mentioned it. I own Vermint now. Not quite the way it was back in 1980, but It is still on the road. Scroll back up a few and it is the one that is obviously chopped with the flames and graphics, running the 17" Billet wheels...Man I would love to see pictures of it back in the day. Steroid (mike) hooked me up with the feature artical from Mini Truck magazine from 1980. It looked like that when I got it from the Bay area last year. I am restoring right now...

I also have a chevy Luv with a 231 Buick V6 that is all done up..I am a old school guy...So just to let you know you will need to get pictures up are you will get bug until you do...lol

72luv005.jpg

canby07100_5307a.jpg

Yes, as a matter of fact I do own a LUV, several actually, and I do recognize the chopped red luv pictured above; looks alot like the one I saw being sold in Texas for a while.

I do some work with LUVs and just was searching out some 620 info and found this site.

I picked up a 620 rear tinted Bubble window from a 620 the other day and was searching info on these.

My current project LUV is a 72 L.U.V. , 1 year only, especially on alot of the cosmetics and such.

Have a SpeedWay Engineering 9" housing being finished up with Torino flanges, 9-3/8" ring/pinion center section with a 4P Trac-Loc(POSI), 6-lug axles by Strange being tempered & made right now for up to 600HP.

Then shortly we will be installing a Mustang II rack & pinion front suspension with Power Steering.

Trying to keep the old look of the 72 and the L.U.V. but everything underneath is updated and street race ready!

Once I get the custom rear leafs done for it and the front suspension finished, body work & paint then install the 408-700R4 set-up; finish it up then drive it!

Your Varmint truck started out as a slow process as the owner then would do more and more over time to it.

I cant remember when the Chop happened to it but I was able to watch the processes of the louvering, flames, paint etc being done to it.

I know of a few guys down here still around that were heavy into back then and I am attempting to contact them as I can to try to see if the have any pics left from back then....I am hoping!!!

You are right about the Luv it is the one from Texas. It was originally from Oregon and it ended up down there. I just bought it. The only thing I had to do was change the seats. I am a bit taller and the seats that where in it where to tall. Which sucks because they where all upholstered to match the rest of the interior. Oh well...If you want to talk with a Old School Datsun (mini trucker) drop steroid a message he is the old school guy of Souther Cal at least...It sounds like you two would get along well..

• 3 months later...