86 720 4x4

720 dustin

well it rides alright i mean the truck has been beat on but to my suprise its still really solid...... There is some play in the stearing which i think is just common 720.... the torsions are crnked a lil bit and i dont think the rear end sits to stock height . Also im curious about the centering pon on the rear axle i want to squat the rear end but not sure how to exactly any siggestions ?

If you have play in the steering......something is amuk and or needs to be replaced.

Pics of your leaf setup would be much conducive.....

If it sits higher than stock .......helper leaf?

I've got 2 720s with those extra leaf(s).....which raises the back end about 2 inches

Hmmmmmmm...oics....gooooooood. :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it ride on the back roads.....when you hit a deep rut?

One of my trucks is 'cranked'.....not bad at all around town......but....off road....not good.

P2240003.jpg

do the helper leafs look stock ? my leaf set up appears to be completly stock but sits higher than your brown 720 from what i can see......

Stock is 4 leafs......the helper is about 2 feet long which is installed 3rd from top....total of 5

That sounds rather strange.....

...."the helper is about 2 feet long which is installed 3rd from top....."

Circus freak no doubt.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless the 86 has a totally different leaf setup than the 83-85....?

I did notice that you had a lot of thread left on your 'u-bolts'.......thinking a leaf(s) was removed....?

I shall go snap some pics....show you the difference.

Here is the 85 gray ST with the helper leafs....as per previous pics.

P7290046.jpg

And the stock 'brown' 84

P7290047.jpg

Those are original stock shocks on the 84.....which I have to replace.

Ummm I am not really a mechanic, but it looks like the helper leaf is upside down...I would think the little stack of plates on the end go up to suport it better, right? :unsure:

Ummm I am not really a mechanic, but it looks like the helper leaf is upside down...I would think the little stack of plates on the end go up to suport it better, right? :unsure:

well i did finally squat the rear end of my truck i dropped the axle and put the helper leaf on the top of the other two leaf springs it gave me an exact two inch drop now i just need to figure out what i can use to bulge/flare my front fenders without creasing them im looking for a 2 to 3'' bulge/flare also my rear leafs got pretty soft when i switched them around it not to soft can still hold a few hundred pounds easy

Huh....?......... :blink:

Fail.. :) ...the helper leaf (3rd from top) has a curvature 'similar' to the ones above....would be a bitch to flip it over....never would get it in.

• 2 weeks later...