my 77 b210 UPDATE traded for 85 720

draco101780

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ya i did a dry wax and cleaned the road grime off the car then resprayed the hood and many parts under the hood also sprayed the floorboards and added the valuve cover breather (off a chevy lol)

and did a burnout contest with it im hoping i can get the vid from a friend of mine so i can upoload it

Wow, I like that CHROME CHEVY valve cover breather, that's a very cool look, I'm going to search EBAY for one. I'll have to take a look under my hood to see how to make the change over. I found one on ebay for $7 shipped.

ONE QUESTION: OF COURSE, You won the burn out contest, right? :D :P :D

all you have to do for the chevy breather is cut a piece of hose and clamp it to the breather and the valve cover i used the one off the back of the air cleaner and then cut it in an L shape (just after the bend) and pointed it down

as for the burnout no i didnt i was up agianst a 67 camaro dragster / a 60's GTX 2 chevys 1 was a 350 modifyed with welded spyder rear and the other was a 454 / a ford f150 and / a ford explorer 5.0 so not i didnt win but i did come in before the GTX

lol

all you have to do for the chevy breather is cut a piece of hose and clamp it to the breather and the valve cover i used the one off the back of the air cleaner and then cut it in an L shape (just after the bend) and pointed it down

as for the burnout no i didnt i was up agianst a 67 camaro dragster / a 60's GTX 2 chevys 1 was a 350 modifyed with welded spyder rear and the other was a 454 / a ford f150 and / a ford explorer 5.0 so not i didnt win but i did come in before the GTX

lol

WOW, That's stiff competition. :o :) :D I've seen a few Chrome Breathers on EBAY with

built in PCV's and attached nozzles to attach the air cleaner return hose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360286163201&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Here is another one I was looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260288350585&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

lolol i had to show that not always do you need a v8 to roast em lolololol

as for the breather i dont know about calis law on them any more i moved from cali in 07 and the last car i had was a 07 i think its ok in cali to run valve cover breathers cause they "technicly" dont affect the smog system but if you want to run the hose from the breather back to the air cleaner it wont hurt it i would just run the one that looks the besr then when it came time for smog id take it off put the hose bac get it tested then change it back lol

lolol i had to show that not always do you need a v8 to roast em lolololol

as for the breather i dont know about calis law on them any more i moved from cali in 07 and the last car i had was a 07 i think its ok in cali to run valve cover breathers cause they "technicly" dont affect the smog system but if you want to run the hose from the breather back to the air cleaner it wont hurt it i would just run the one that looks the besr then when it came time for smog id take it off put the hose bac get it tested then change it back lol

I think it will be OK too. If I have an extra PCV and circulate the air back to the air cleaner there should be no problem, even WITHOUT the extra PCV valve, if the air passes through the Chrome breather and back into the air cleaner like before I will have changed nothing.

Howdy all,

Here is a PIC of my Chrome Breather Valve. Got the idea from DRACO :P

CIMG0189.jpg

This the CBV that worked the best. I got it off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-BREATHER-SIDEPIPE-VALVE-COVERS-MOPAR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ260288350585QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What is the point of the chrome breather? It just feeds into the air cleaner just like the stock hose....There is a filter inside the air cleaner for the hose.

well in this motor its not much mostly it stops the extra pull of air from the intake its a less than .0023 cc of air gain to the intake

mostly its for looks lol

basicly its like this the air from the valve cover is at the temp of the motor when the air breather pulls air from it its heated taking the hose off the valve cover and cutting it short gives it colder air same idea behind the cold air intake but in a far less efective like i said looks lol

My chrome air breather doesn't do anything but shine. I ended up buying three different CAB's before settling on the Chrysler Mopar air breather for the BEST fit.

I want to stay smog compliant with CALI Smog laws and look nice doing it :P .

:thumbup: I was tired of the "black hose look" and didn't know it until I saw DRACO's CAB. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

My chrome air breather doesn't do anything but shine. I ended up buying three different CAB's before settling on the Chrysler Mopar air breather for the BEST fit.

I want to stay smog compliant with CALI Smog laws and look nice doing it :P .

:thumbup: I was tired of the "black hose look" and didn't know it until I saw DRACO's CAB. :thumbup:

mine has gon through a change but i will be getting a new breather soon lol i will take pics as soon as my camera charges

• 2 weeks later...