Is 620 King Cab Frame interchangeable with Long Bed?

ahoogakev

Hi sorry for double posting , but I dont know if this should be in 620 section or the technical section, heres what I posted in technical:

Hi, can anyone tell me if the frame of a long bed 620, can be modified to look like a King cab 620 frame, and what the differences are? I see they are listed separately in the Haynes manual. I have a 79 KC I would like to restore, but the frame is shot and all I have available is a regular frame or long box frame , Thanks a lot! kevin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kingcab and longbox frames are the same wheelsbase, ie your wheels are in the same spot. I also am thinking of putting my sweet longbox cab and box onto a kingcab frome that has disc brakes already. Visually, everything looks like it is in the same spot, but if anything the front bed mount may need to be modified/moved.

Bill

I couldn't get an exact measurement from eyeballin it, but that sounds about right. Now i just need to decide wether it is worth swapping frames........disc brake is awesome but the front end needs everything replaced, but i do have a nice sound kingpin front end now......hmmm decisions decisions