my 76' four door

king bee66

http://www.classiczc...php?photo=33832

this was taken during the republic of texas motorcycle rally. the city closes off a chuck of downtown to all vehicals apart from motorcycles from 6pm to 4am during the rally. i work downtown and was able to nab a prime spot just before they shut the street down. its funny, tons of people were taking photos of my car juxtapose a sea of bikes so i thought i would find at least a few pics online, in the end the only one i found was from some z guy, go figure.

i will upload some pics later on

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, im not sure, im burning oil and blowing white smoke like you wouldnt believe. i havent overheated and coolants been fine all summer. my compressions are all around 150, i thought it might be a valve guide but a shop told me by just seeing the amount of smoke that it had to be the rings

yeah, im not sure, im burning oil and blowing white smoke like you wouldnt believe. i havent overheated and coolants been fine all summer. my compressions are all around 150, i thought it might be a valve guide but a shop told me by just seeing the amount of smoke that it had to be the rings

Have you solved the "blowing white smoke" problem? How many miles do you have on that engine?

ive been pretty busy lately and havent had much time to deal with it, but something is causing it to run really rich, i did a final compression test before i took the head out; they were all within 10 of eachother. the plugs had so much carbon built up that i am amazed they fired. took the head off, same deal, tons of carbon on the valves. there was no scoring on the cylinder walls just some gunk on the back cylinder that can be honed out. im taking the head to shop tomorrow, hopefully ill have a definitive answer then. the motor only has 85k on it, the head was rebuilt a few years back...

hey are you keeping that grille I noticed your switched it out with the square marker like grille my 210 still has the round grille but one side is missing a piece around the light housing. I just like the round better let me know if you would like to get rid of that grille.

thats actually going to be my new grille, im waiting to put it on until after im done cleaning up my motor. i do actually have another like it in storage that i never used because some of the brackets were broken and some of the combs cracked. it does have both of the rings though and from what i remember from your pictures its in better shape, ill take some pictures of it next time i get over there and you can tell me if its worth it for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

someone that lives in my complex woke me up at 730 this morning telling me in broken english about my car, turns out when he was backing his truck out of his spot, his front bumper hit my door and like a genius he kept pulling out until he reached my tire. of course he doesnt have insurance , he gave me a hundred and said hed give me another hundred when he finds work. my doors have always been the weakest part because of rust but i dont need this.

pict0003mc.jpg

pict0001a.jpg