67 rl411 parts

brittney

I'm still looking for a grill and front brake lines if anyone knows where i can get them. i rarely check the site because i only have internet on my phone and this page doesnt load if you could email me any information that would be amazing, id like to get my wagon on the road this next week!

-brittney

email, brittneyj35@yahoo.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brittney

For 411 brake lines if you still have SAE lines and not metric conversion

go to Anplumbing.com

if it is a male / female hose

order part number 63040512 ( the last 2 digits are lenght in inches. If it is lonnger just change last 2 digits)

if it is a female / female line

you can build that yourself with

640503 ( ends qty 2 )

6000031 ( hose qty by the foot )

Assembly video is on the site under "coated #3 assembly video" in the tech videos section

if they are metric

change number to:

male / female

63081012 ( longer if needed )

female / female

build them with

640603 ( qty 2 )

same hose ( by the foot )

Neely

Making this WAY too hard.

Go to NAPA and get brake hoses for a Datsun 520 pickup.

Here's the ones I bought: http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=UBP36737_0073594116&An=599001+101967+50018+2018052

Brake Hose - Front

Product Line: NAPA ULTRA PREMIUM BRAKE PARTS

Part Number: UP 36737

I looked at the picture of the Water pump listed for the RL411 and the description of the 1 inch pump shaft protrusion and the picture of the wider spinner leads me to hope that the RL411 upper pulley would just bolt on and align with the alternator and crankshaft pulley like my roadster water pump plus spinner transplant does. If someone does order this water pump, please give feedback on this drivebelt alignment.

By the way, that datsunparts site is a real gem.

thank you guys!! this really helps, all she needed before she runs!

if i could figure out how to post pictures i would, just recovered and painted the dash, painted trim, new carpet, new upholstered seats, soon to have *today* wood grain headliner!

**just ordered the water pump off datsun parts, thanks azhitman!

mikerl411, the guy said it is a different pulley, he has the pulleys and hell put the right one on for you before its sent!

**just ordered the water pump off datsun parts, thanks azhitman!

mikerl411, the guy said it is a different pulley, he has the pulleys and hell put the right one on for you before its sent!

Sounds good! I personally would keep the old water pump in case of a future need or if the replacement pulley supplied is not quite right. The RL411 original is machined in a "bell shaped" cross section to fit the much larger hole in the RL411 fan and provide correct drive belt alignment. Now your only items needing a check are the engine and transmission mounts. The one inch protrusion of the pump shaft looks scary, but that's looking down from the top. The clearance to the radiator core is tight, but unless you have weak motor or transmision mounts a sudden stop won't let enough forward motion to build up and hit the core.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that NAPA UP36737 is way to short to replace the front flex hoses on the drum brake cars (PL models.) That hose looks like it will be a good replacement for the rear flex hose on 410's and 411's though. It is about 1.5 inches longer than the stock hose on my '66 WPL411. That will allow it to hang about 5/8th inch lower than the original one which is still well above other surrounding undercarriage parts. With any luck it will also relax the bend at the rear axle where all the outer rubber has flaked away on my original brake hose (and you really shouldn't drive with the cloth inner jacket showing.)

By the way, the standard stress relief for the front disc brake hoses is a coil spring hooked to the brake backing plate and looped over the hose itself. It works, but gives me the chills. Steel on rubber is not a good idea. I found some cable tie wraps with attached loop for a screw to tie the cable to structure. Wrap the tail piece around the hose and clip off the excess, then put the spring loop through the eyelet. Much safer! Can't find the cable tie with the loop? Use the yellow plastic tie wrap from a garbage bag. Inelegant, but the spring fits through the slit in the body of the tie wrap.