Jason

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve likes the L's too :D !

Not certain if I like them or not. I have 5 L20b's. They are dead simple, look pretty damn nice when cleaned up, reliable, etc.

Just wait till I have the ITBs! and then... The supercharger!

Not certain if I like them or not. I have 5 L20b's. They are dead simple, look pretty damn nice when cleaned up, reliable, etc.

Just wait till I have the ITBs! and then... The supercharger!

I can't wait for the supercharger :) I can wait... barely though :)

Jason I will start a hainz thread. :)

I want a 1200 coupe, if I were to buy a 1200. More than anything I want an NL320! And if I get an NL, it won't get an L motor!

I've always wanted a fastback 1200. If you ever see a runner without rust guys, let me know, I'm up for it. Jeff knows I'm an addict:D !

No Jason I can't flame you guys for liking something I don't, I just try to educate you guys, If your going to invest alot of cheddar you might as well get some real power :)

I never though I would say I missed Hainz either, but I love making fun of him, I think he does give Nubs a little to much shit...

Dude, I like the old L's because they're simple enough for me to learn so skills on. The stuff I do now is stretching me already because I know so little to start with, but, hey it's fun! Besides, what am I gonna do with more power, I drive pretty slow man....

Dude, I like the old L's because they're simple enough for me to learn so skills on. The stuff I do now is stretching me already because I know so little to start with, but, hey it's fun! Besides, what am I gonna do with more power, I drive pretty slow man....

haha all my 510 friends say I drive slow to :D I'm just cruising you know :cool:

More than anything I want an NL320! And if I get an NL, it won't get an L motor!

Little known fact......the guy I got my NL from now works for slodat. Had slodat got his current job about a month earlier, he could have snaked me on the NL I had been waiting a year for! Good for me!! Bad for slodat. hhmm....can't imagine just how pissed I be if that had happened!!! It would have to be at the seller since slodat didn't know this was the same guy I had been talking to. Anyway.......

Slodat.....I'll trade you my NL for an L20 ...........ya..I know...that's not even funny!!! :D

If it makes you feel better slodat I want one to :( I actually want to get working on my 210 before I pick up any more datto's. Everyone knows if I got a deal I would buy one though :D

I've always wanted a fastback 1200. If you ever see a runner without rust guys, let me know, I'm up for it. Jeff knows I'm an addict:D !

Still learnin' so go easy... a 1200 eventually became a B210? and by '80, was it still called a (B) 210? There's an '80 B? 210 up Island near me, for sale. Auto, surface rust , no holes, worn interior, the guy's mom in Victoria bought it new.

Quick History of "B" size (subcompact) Datsuns

1966-1970 B10 - Datsun 1000 (there is one for sale in Vancouver now)

1971-1973 B110 - Datsun 1200 new! larger size

1974-1978 B210 - Datsun B-210 new! overweight

1979-1982 B310 - Datsun 210 new! wider but less weight

1983 - up front wheel drive Sentras

In Japan these are all known as Sunny and powered by A-series engines.

There was a B110 JDM model with L-series engine. With twin sidedraft carbs from the factory. So it is pretty easy to put an L20B in there.

Now if you think L-series is "simple to work on" you have never owned an A-series engine. Far simpler, far lighter, extremely reliable. Your average guy can pick up the engine by himself, yet CC for CC they put out about the same power, meaning the A14 and L14 are fairly equivalent. A15 was the largest one offered.

Quick History of "B" size (subcompact) Datsuns

1966-1970 B10 - Datsun 1000 (there is one for sale in Vancouver now)

1971-1973 B110 - Datsun 1200 new! larger size

1974-1978 B210 - Datsun B-210 new! overweight

1979-1982 B310 - Datsun 210 new! wider but less weight

1983 - up front wheel drive Sentras

In Japan these are all known as Sunny and powered by A-series engines.

There was a B110 JDM model with L-series engine. With twin sidedraft carbs from the factory. So it is pretty easy to put an L20B in there.

Now if you think L-series is "simple to work on" you have never owned an A-series engine. Far simpler, far lighter, extremely reliable. Your average guy can pick up the engine by himself, yet CC for CC they put out about the same power, meaning the A14 and L14 are fairly equivalent. A15 was the largest

one offered.

Thanks ggzilla, if I had the cheddar I'd grab it. The motor looked like the one I had in my '76 that I bought new. 1,489 cc, around 85 hp ? I can't remember. When the tires wore out I put radials on, big difference. I wonder how easy an L20b or a Z24 would fit into that '80? Geez, I sound like all those other idiots!

• 3 weeks later...

Now if you think L-series is "simple to work on" you have never owned an A-series engine. Far simpler, far lighter, extremely reliable. Your average guy can pick up the engine by himself, yet CC for CC they put out about the same power, meaning the A14 and L14 are fairly equivalent. A15 was the largest one offered.

The fact is, these amazing A series engines are much more closely linked, technologicly, with what you'd find in a 1915 Chervrolet [believe it] than anything made since the 80's, yet they not only punched above their weight, but they keep on punching above their weight, even today.

Any shade tree machanic that ever pulled down a Briggs & Stratton, & has enough education to read a manual, can build one of these engines & make it run sweetly.

Use one in something light, like a B10 or a 1200, & a well tricked A series engine turns into a street weapon.

With carefull component selection, these dinosour designed 'monkey motion' motors will cost less, & run harder that you can imagine, yet get fuel mileage that your drink'n mates just won't believe. Add a hot gas whizz wheel induction, & you can keep your fancy cammer engines.

I want something I can maintain with whats in the factory tool roll, using change from my beer money.

Light weight, ... both car & engine, that's the secret, & as for reliability, you can keep one running till the sun grows cold.