1969 datsun kingcab project

Hi there John, Stock wiring harness with all the componets, is there another way? :D LOL Have you wired your wiper motor yet? I figured out how to use the stock motor and I even have the wiper delay.:) What steering collum did you use, I used the stock diesel 720 one, plug and play.:) The heater motor control is a little system(stand alone) all by itself,:) but the wiper motor isn't,:( all the wires are there, but none of the like colored wires go together except the ground wire, I smoked 2 wiper delay units before I got it right. :( I put the mirrors on today, "small" big truck mirrors, I drilled holes in my perfect doors, :unsure: I'll get some pics. in a little while. wayno

I just separated the dpc, glow plug, alternator circuit, temperature sensor,oil pressure and B/U light switch then I tied them all into the 520 wire harness. I use the steering column from the 520. I am using the one speed windshield wipers original to the 520blink.gif. The 520 temp gauge works with the sd temp sensor. The oil pressure light works with sd sensor. ignition light works. I wired up my own glow plug light. If you need any help with the dpc or glow plug circuits I know them inside out and backwards, just ask.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a little progress today, I temporarily put the toyota axle under the front, as it turns out the axle has had a brace welded on the bottom of it, now I will need custom u-bolts I think, it's always something. It looks like I will have to raise the back a little, don't know how much till the front is permanent. I just don't get it, I see you guys put together a whole truck in a long weekend, it's amazing, how you find the parts you need so fast is, magical. wayno

DSCN0333.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

The windows are going to go up & down with power, I have the rear part of the windows already channeled, but the fronts are channeled only as far down as you can see in the pics. I have not thought about it recently as another project has my attention. I still need to have the windows made and the channel felt needs to be found/purchased also. I think that the new channel felt will hold the window up all by itself once installed, and then I have the time to find a good deal on the power package. wayno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there ratsuners, I put temporary windows in today, they do not go up and down(they go down a couple of inches) but they will keep the weather out after I put a rubber piece(squeege) at the bottom. I also changed my mind about the 4X4 part of this project, I dropped the whole setup on a 2WD diesel frame and am going to lower it as much as possible without changing the frame, all this so I can use it as a daily driver, i'll get Oics. when I pull it out of the temporary garage after it's a driver.

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

you can daily a 4x4 seems like a huge waste to go back to 2wd at this point

It just wasn't going together the way I planned, I am not junking the frame yet. Everytime I went to find parts at the wrecking yards, there was never any toyota 4X4 parts, and it was to expensive to buy them new, such as high steer parts. I can have this going in a week if focus on it. wayno

• Like 1

Wayno this king cab is turning out real nice. I appreciate the documentation and the time that documenting takes. As far as 2 wd or 4 wd it does not matter this will be a great daily driver either way. Definitely a well done job. Thank you for sharing.

Hi there, I had to remount the radiator today, when I took the 2" body lift out the fan started hitting the upper rad. hose when I turned it to check the clearance, it really suprised me. It's so tight in this area for fan clearance, but I just wasn't thinking about it, i connected the heater core hoses, installed the battery and warmed it up till the radiator water cycled. Don't you hate it when your vehicle makes a strange noise and it quits before you can figure out what it is, then it inevitably comes back later and bites you in the ass.:unsure: I am going to try to install the rear wire harness next and remount the taillights/lic. plate, then figure out what I am going to do about the fuel filler neck, as it turns out the 720 fuel door is on the pass. side, and the 521 and the stepside box is on the drivers side. I think I will pipe it all the way across. wayno

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there Ratsun folks, it is almost a driver now, all I need to drive it, is taillights and a rear bumper, I held the stock bumperettes up to it, but would/will have to make new mount brackets for them as they stick out way to far, just not sure about them yet, I will try to get one in position and take a picture and get your opinions. I have the taillights already but ran into a problem, i'll get a picture of that to. wayno

DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

DSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

• Like 2

:o sorry to see that it wasnt working out as a 4x4, it looked perfect sitting up there (im more of a low and slow person), but even near the ground you could throw on some agressive treads and still keep the "offroad" feel? oh and i love that k/c conversion:thumbup:

• Like 1