What?

INDY510

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice. now the truck section needs reorganizing. i always liked how odpl had separate sections for the 320 520 521 620. the truck section here has the most volume out of all the other sections. making it more of a nightmare the search option wont do 3 character searches last i checked.

My 6 July 2010 0756 pictures, explanations

Battery is the correct original equipment size [53], tiedown is aftermarket Honda anodized aluminum one, still have what's left of original. Original equipment battery tray [still there] has molded fingers that fit into holes in the sheet metal to keep the battery in position.

Rear view high mounted stop light is a JC Whitney one added because teen aged drivers firmly believe that all cars were created with them judging by the panicked expressions on their faces as the slam on their brakes behind me. A lot cheaper than finding a complete set of rear sheet metal.

Dash clock is a travel alarm clock of the correct size and in the correct position. I have only seen the factory clock in the driver's manual. Does anyone out there have a factory installed one in their 410 or 411?

Thw window washer recepticle is a JC Whitney "universal" one. I still have the original which developed a leak in the bottom of the mounting groove where it is virtually impossible to plastic weld it closed. Maybe someday.

I kept the original distributor cap and Datsun branded and plug numbered spark plug wire set so that someday I could restore the under hood configuration to factory original.

Air cleaner filters are not the same size as Roadster ones, they are about one inch shorter. A local dealer was consolidating operations with another dealer many years ago, so I cleaned out his stock of 411 air filters. I have 4 left. Ought to last another 40 years? Probably not.

I still have the original Radio Delete Plate. It is different from the 520, 521 and 511 versions.

What... We don't have a forum for every model?

These old Datsuns don't have the following of the 510 but they do have a following. You have to have enough owners and interested parties in a particular model to maintain a forum. I would certainly welcome any pre-410 Datsun owners to share here too. Think of it as the pre-metric Datsun forum b.gif

Nice car, Mike. Do you still have to pay the surcharge for that "vanity" plate, or is the DMV too dumb to notice?

Yes, I do pay the vanity plate surcharge, but since these early vanity plate surcharges go the the California Environmental Defense Fund it's an income tax charitable deduction.

I've found that al lot of folks don't try the obvious when requesting vanity plates. My Infiniti has 97J3OT, probably overlooked [besides being a minor player in the vanity department] since vanity plates in California don't have Zeroes, you have to use the letter O. So a 510 would be a 51[letter O].

Now those are the REAL PL410 and 411 slotted wheel covers, not the Pinto crap that some try to pass off as 410 and 411 wheel covers!

true, but the pinto covers are perfect for opening a bottle of beer! :thumbup:

discovered on a mexico surf trip, & once everyone in the camp knew it, they would walk over to do it :lol:

I've found that al lot of folks don't try the obvious when requesting vanity plates.

for obvious reasons... its lame

But... do any of the 411's in the USA have just the small center cap shown in this photo?

410conv.jpg

I have 2 Datsun 210 hubcaps on that where on my 411 when I got it. They look O.K., but to fit on all the way (they sit about 1/8 inch shy of seated) you would have to remove the center cap clips from your wheels (and mine are good so they are staying.) I would love to run a set of center only caps! I think I would spray the rims dark red like my interior and run beauty rings and the center caps.

What... We don't have a forum for every model?

These old Datsuns don't have the following of the 510 but they do have a following. You have to have enough owners and interested parties in a particular model to maintain a forum. I would certainly welcome any pre-410 Datsun owners to share here too. Think of it as the pre-metric Datsun forum b.gif

personally i think the 1200 section should be turned into the "sunny" section, ill bet there are more b210, 210 310s et al drivers than any others